Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki His and hers tiki mugs
His and hers tiki mugs
trutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-08 08:27 am   Permalink

Could anyone make suggestions on mugs that would go together stylistically and color-wise as his and hers pairs? I think a few of these would make a great wedding gift for a collector. I can only picture Princess Pua and Exotiki.

Any ideas?

[ This Message was edited by: trutiki 2010-09-08 08:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: trutiki 2010-09-08 08:30 ]

View Profile of trutiki Send a personal message to trutiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-08 08:48 am   Permalink

There's also the Tiki Goddess Mug, which is a sold out Tiki Farm mug.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-08 08:55 am   Permalink

I love that one! I'll add that to my search list. Thanks!

View Profile of trutiki Send a personal message to trutiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-08 09:00 am   Permalink

There are also a number of mug makers on this site, including SQUID who sculpted both the Tiki Girl mug and the Tiki Goddess mug, and you could get a custom one-off, but it would cost a bit more $ since it's custom.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-08 09:56 am   Permalink

I may try that route. But here's the thing. The pairings don't have to be wildly hard to get or rare. Just thoughtful and great looking together. For example, I think the goddess you showed me would look good with the cheap-o Orchids of Hawaii R-1 headhunter I have in that very same light caramel glaze. And the "hers" mug doesn't necessarily have to be totally femme. It would just need to project a complement to its "his" partner.

LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 10:28 am   Permalink

I have given Tiki Farm's Sunrise Sunset Mugs as a wedding gift. They were very well received.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-09 4:08 pm   Permalink

Good idea but I'd really love to give the full-on ceramic cups. Funny, but I found another pair within my very my own collection: the OMC black bug-eyed tiki flat rimmed with its complement the pointed headress version.

trutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-09 6:45 pm   Permalink

Here's another pair though Caveman is not buyable at present.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation