FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food New J Wray Nephew 12 & 25 YO Rums- now with link
New J Wray Nephew 12 & 25 YO Rums- now with link
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-12 8:50 pm   Permalink

I was shopping at a British store online today and found two older rum blends that J. Wray Nephew have released under the Coruba label in the UK. These 12 & 25 year old blends are amber in colour, unlike the dark rum that are sold under the Coruba label here in the States. I'm inrigued by these rums, and how they might perform in a Mai Tai. Has anyone run across, or tried these rums?? I wanna buy at least one of these rums ASAP, and I'm wondering why the Brits get these rums and we don't?

[ This Message was edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2010-09-12 21:32 ]

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-12 9:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-12 20:50, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
I was shopping at a British store online today and found two older rum blends that J. Wray Nephew have released under the Coruba label in the UK. These 12 & 25 year old blends are amber in colour, unlike the dark rum that are sold under the Coruba label here in the States. I'm inrigued by these rums, and how they might perform in a Mai Tai. Has anyone run across, or tried these rums?? I wanna buy at least one of these rums ASAP, and I'm wondering why the Brits get these rums and we don't?

Sorry, negelected to post the link:

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/SearchDetail.aspx?txtKeywords=coruba

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 12:16 pm   Permalink

never mind that - why can't we get the standard Coruba dark rum here in the uk??

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 8:02 pm   Permalink

Harro, That's very interesting to learn that W&N doesn't sell Coruba Dark in the UK market. It sounds as though the company is trying to position the brand very differently in the UK versus the American market. While they market Coruba as an everyday premium brand here in the States, they must be marketing it as a luxury top shelf brand in the UK. I wish that we could both get their entire line.

[ This Message was edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2010-09-14 20:02 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation