FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Bilge Ľ Ľ S#$T that bothers you!!!! (rant thread)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
S#$T that bothers you!!!! (rant thread)
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 09:27 am   Permalink

Taking your dogs jogging with you.

I know I will probably take a lot of flames for this, but there is something I just find so wrong with it!
The other day, I was doing my daily 3 mile run after work. It was still quite warm, and the sun was beating down strongly. This evil woman was running with her two small dogs on a leash, around the track. She was there before I started, and stayed after I was finished, so I estimate she forced those dogs to run long past 3 miles.
I donít know about other people, but I rarely see coyotes, wolves, wild dogs, jogging or doing long-distance running in the wild. Short bursts at high speeds to catch rabbits, or whatever, but not exercising.
Increasingly, I see people doing this. The dogs look like they are not enjoying it at all. And why should they? Dogs like to play fetch, they like to run at their own pace, stopping to rest when THEY feel like it. This evil woman was just running and running and basically dragging her dogs along. For over 45 minutes, probably.

Am I the only one who feels this is a bad thing? Or like usual, am I in the minority with my opinion?
Please note, I donít have a problem with people hiking with their dogs. The dogs rest more often, get to drink water and generally like walking.
I also understand that primordial humans probably did not jog either, but at least a human has a choice. The poor, thirsty and tired dogs donít.

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 09:41 am   Permalink

I see the jogging/dog dragging thing all the time. Drives me nuts too.

Walk your dog - train your dog. They love you for it.

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-14 10:05 am   Permalink

I'm with you on this one Lucas. If you feel like they need to run, let them off the leash so they can chase the mailman or the poolboy

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-14 10:21 am   Permalink

Animal Liberation!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 10:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-14 10:05, MadDogMike wrote:
I'm with you on this one Lucas. If you feel like they need to run,

let them off the leash so they can chase the mailman or the poolboy

Hey hey Hey,
My dad was a Mailman that got bit by a dog a few times,
and Kirby, and I are Pool Guys.
why hate?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-09-14 10:34 am   Permalink

Yeah really! What a waste of energy. If people are going to force their dogs to run for long periods of time, at least put them on a treadmill and generate some electricity or something.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 11:32 am   Permalink

"...I rarely see coyotes, wolves, wild dogs, jogging or doing long-distance running in the wild."

And I rarely see coyotes and wolves lying around houses or stuck in tiny fenced yards all day. I've noticed that when a dog doesn't want to walk or run any more it just doesn't.

However... People who go running with their dogs off leash are annoying as hell. If you want to let your dog run free then go buy a few dozen acres in the country and live there.

But women who run with the wolves are OK.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 11:39 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-14 12:45 pm   Permalink

Yes! That's the way it was supposed to be by now...WHERE IS THE FUTURE THEY PROMISED ME???

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-14 1:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-14 10:31, bigtikidude wrote:
Quote:

Hey hey Hey,
why hate?

Jeff(btd)

I was hoping to get a rise out of either of you two!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-09-14 1:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-14 13:39, MadDogMike wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-14 10:31, bigtikidude wrote:
Quote:

Hey hey Hey,
why hate?

Jeff(btd)

I was hoping to get a rise out of either of you two!

Speaking of pool maintenance... required viewing here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=37810&forum=13&0

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-15 09:08 am   Permalink

My rant? Smiling. Or, the seeming need to force smiles all the time. Aim a camera at someone and make them smile. Why? Look at pictures in the old days. They did not smile. Why should they? Fake happiness? But it is at its most perverse on TV. Every commercial, every host, every show, everyone must be happy and smiling! Arge! I just want to stomp on Rachel Ray's toe and say "Why aren't you smiling now!"

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-15 09:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-15 09:08, Swanky wrote:
My rant? Smiling. Or, the seeming need to force smiles all the time. Aim a camera at someone and make them smile. Why? Look at pictures in the old days. They did not smile. Why should they? Fake happiness? But it is at its most perverse on TV. Every commercial, every host, every show, everyone must be happy and smiling! Arge! I just want to stomp on Rachel Ray's toe and say "Why aren't you smiling now!"

I could not agree more! And regarding the old days, people were supposed to look diginified and somber in photos! Not smiling like a puppy with two peters!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2010-09-15 09:37 am   Permalink

Thank goodness my dogs have their own walker (who WALKS them and let's them sniff the world).

OK...I'm sure I will get in trouble for this...but screaming kids in restaurants totally urk me. Come on people, if I wanted to listen to kids scream I would come over to your house. I am paying for some nice ambiance and a meal not a tonsil solo from your table.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-15 09:53 am   Permalink

"My rant? Smiling. Or, the seeming need to force smiles all the time. Aim a camera at someone and make them smile. Why? Look at pictures in the old days. They did not smile. Why should they? Fake happiness? But it is at its most perverse on TV. Every commercial, every host, every show, everyone must be happy and smiling! Arge! I just want to stomp on Rachel Ray's toe and say 'Why aren't you smiling now!'" -Swanky-

"I could not agree more! And regarding the old days, people were supposed to look diginified and somber in photos! Not smiling like a puppy with two peters!" -Lucas Vigor-

Agreed.*

Due to a facial structure that bears no resemblance to Jack Nicholson as the Joker I have been told since I was a kid to "Smile!" I'm actually one of the happiest people in the world (I'm sure it's some sort of brain abnormality) but the one thing that used to piss me off the most was someone looking at me and deciding I was angry or unhappy and commenting on that.

My whole life I've heard intrusive comments from casual acquaintances and complete strangers such as "What's wrong with you?" or "Did you know it takes more muscles to frown than to smile?" and so on.

Such asinine insight used to put me in a bad mood but these days I just tell the comment makers that my face is 75% paralyzed due to some bad canned tuna I ate and I'm smiling as much as possible. Then I burst into tears and while they're comforting me with an impromptu hug I pick their pockets.

*Oh dear God I just fully agreed with Swanky and Lucas Vigor?** What the hell has my life become?

** Except for the "puppy with two peters" bit. I think a puppy with four nuts would be happier.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation