FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Bilge ╗ ╗ S#$T that bothers you!!!! (rant thread)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
S#$T that bothers you!!!! (rant thread)
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-16 12:53 pm   Permalink

PEOPLE THAT PUT U.S. STATE CAR TAGS OVER EUROPEAN TAGS!
Damn, now I'm all worked up.

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-18 8:08 pm   Permalink

Bicyclists in flashy spandex and designer helmets who blast through red lights and stop signs and ignore every other rule of the road and then act p*ssy when they almost get hit.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-18 9:36 pm   Permalink

I despise the automated phone systems to start with but I especially HATE it when they want me to "Press 1 for English"! I don't mind that they have the option to press 2 for Spanish or 7 for Cambodian but the default should be ENGLISH! Unless the phone call is something I REALLY want, I refuse to press the 1. Sometimes it will default to English after a few attempts and sometimes it will just disconnect

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-18 9:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-16 10:08, woofmutt wrote:

Is America the only country where thinking a lot is considered a negative thing?

From my own experience, thinking "too much" is not popular in Mexico or Spain right now... specially if you are under 30.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brice
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-19 02:09 am   Permalink

Guys with long fingernails!!! (drag queens get the exception) creepy, weird and wrong.

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-19 11:33 am   Permalink

NITS piss me off. Neanderthals In TruckS...that is what I call them. Whey do guys in those big work trucks with more stuff hanging off the back than I have in my garage get in the fast lane and drive under or at the speed limit!!! GET OUTTA MY WAY NITS!!! Pull over, we can't see around you for the upcoming slam-on-the-break-pile-ups. I'm on the road an average of 5 to 6 hours a day, I don't have time to drape my arm over the seat next to me and enjoy the terrain. I have to get to work or home TODAY and you are hosing up our speeding lane...get a frikken clue!!!!!

Ditto on that using your blinker...HELLO...the rest of us are not clairvoyent...we don't know where your going...I'm driving here, don't try to drive on top of me!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-19 11:09 pm   Permalink

How about hyphenated names? I'm sorry that we allegedly live in a patriarchal society (most men I know just do what their wives tell them to do) but hyphenating your childen's names is not the answer. Tommy Smith-Jones marries Sally Bennett-White and name their child Johnny Smith-Jones-Bennett-White. Johnny marries Tammy Wilson-Tirol-Houseman-Jackson and they name their son Bubba Smith-Jones-Bennett-White-Wilson-Tirol-Houseman-Jackson. Bubba is 5'11" and weighs 275, he would love to play football but his name won't fit on his jersey! It's a last name, not a genealogy record

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2010-09-19 23:11 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-05-09 4:27 pm   Permalink

"Must of, should of, would of"---- It's must've, should've, would've.

Using YOUR when it should be YOU'RE, THERE when it should be THEIR, and TO when it should be TOO.
GROG has made those mistakes too, but GROG usually try to catch them and change them.

Don the Beachcombers---There is no S at the end. It is DON THE BEACHCOMBER.

And, GROG can't believe how many times GROG see words misspelled in the news, online and on TV. What happened to Editors and spellcheck?

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-05-09 5:01 pm   Permalink

Skeptics. And believers.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-09 5:27 pm   Permalink

So Grogs, you don't like it when people pluralize everything? That's the new fad!

I HATE it when people (hipsters) hold up their phones and record the whole concert! The video is going to suck and who the hell is ever going to watch it (no one!). When a glass of beer hits your phone and breaks it with liquid or when it hits the floor, that was me (I actually have never done that but I want to). And ladies, taking pictures back at yourselves is not going to prove you were at a concert, it will just prove how many people are annoyed by you and photobombing you in the background. LIVE IN THE NOW! Watch the show and enjoy it. Recording it is going to do nothing for you. Take a quick picture and put your phone away. Be courteous to the people around you, everyone paid the same for the tickets!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 6:41 pm   Permalink

Amen lunavideogames!

If everyone would just put those phones away & enjoy life
it would be a better world.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 6:46 pm   Permalink

I hate how Tiki Central is backsliding into a generic Tiki (It's all Good) mindset
if you encourage mediocrity all you get is more mediocrity
that may be fine for this current generation, But not for me!

People need to grow up, learn to take criticism & do better then just good enough.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 7:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-09 16:27, GROG wrote:
Don the Beachcombers---There is no S at the end. It is DON THE BEACHCOMBER.

O.K., O.K., I confess, I
pulled a boner!

Tiki Central: Tiki on TV

I will watch for that in future. In meantime, I will keep original post unchanged so people know what you were referring to and that you were not having some grammatical delusions or something like that.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-09 10:38 pm   Permalink

Reality Shows...I am sick of them, they aren't real. With the Mother Unit in residence now, I am forced to watch some of them...painful!!! At one time or another some of them had some redeeming qualities...now they are just annoying. Even more painful is having to admit to watching them...YUCK!!!

Outside of the box now...BRAS...damn, I hate them. Sure I wear em, but the minute I am home, that baby is off. Great story here about my Mom who must have been about 92 years old when she did this. She is a petite woman about 5 feet tall, stacked and doesn't wear a bra...those babies hang down to her waist but really at that age you can pretty much do anything you want and why would you torture yourself wearing a damn bra. Anyway, she is at the airport in line chatting up everyone around her as they are making their way past security to board the plane. She has her shoes off and places them along with her purse in the basket. She get's up to the young guy running the walk through and he says to her "Ma'am will you please take off your sweater." So she says she can't its a cardigan (which is a shell with the sweater sewn on to it...essentially a one-piece.) So the guy says "I don't care what it is, please take your sweater off and place it in the basket." Again my Mom explains she can't take the sweater off it is attached. The guy demands again "Ma'am please take your sweater off and quit arguing with me." My Mom turns towards him and pulls her whole cardigan up over her head showing everything. The whole line is now laughing their arses off and the guy finally get's it and says "Oh my never mind, just go through." Thank gawd I was not there as they probably would have carted me off to airport jail.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 11:04 pm   Permalink

GROG writes:

"Must of, should of, would of"---- It's must've, should've, would've.

Actually, all of the above are non-correct for two reasons; they are actually properly considered slang when written as a contraction. This seems like quibbling, but are usually seen as a dividing line between who gets into an Ivy League school (based on their essay skills) and who gets cut.

Second and more importantly, must've stands for MUST HAVE, not MUST OF.

Just sayin.'

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation