FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge S#$T that bothers you!!!! (rant thread)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
S#$T that bothers you!!!! (rant thread)
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-10 01:49 am   Permalink

Thanks Cammo, now most of us on Tiki Central who are applying to Ivy League schools will have to rewrite our essay papers. You saved a LOT of people on Tiki Central much heartache and we are all very grateful.

Wow, MUST'VE is a contraction of MUST HAVE!? Who would have thought that? (or should it be "who'd've thought that", "who would've thought that", or "who'd have thought that"?)

We need to contact the music industry and make sure they change the words from "I've Been Working on the Railroad" to "I Have Been Working on the Railraod".

Don't worry Cammo. Data on Star Trek the Next Generation couldn't (a contraction of COULD NOT) use contractions either, so you're (a contraction of YOU ARE) not alone in your (NOT a contraction of YOU ARE) affliction.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

OOPS! Edited to change "we're all very grateful" to "we are all very grateful". Damned contractions, they're everywhere! (Crap! There's another one--and another one there, too!!)

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-05-10 01:55 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-10 02:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-09 19:26, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-05-09 16:27, GROG wrote:
Don the Beachcombers---There is no S at the end. It is DON THE BEACHCOMBER.

O.K., O.K., I confess, I pulled a boner!

Tiki Central: Tiki on TV

I will watch for that in future. In meantime, I will keep original post unchanged so people know what you were referring to and that you were not having some grammatical delusions or something like that.

See there. A man willing to hone up to his mistake, to learn from it, and not be afraid to leave his mistake as an example for others to learn from. An admirable quality. We need more TCers like King Bushy the 33rd.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 11:31 am   Permalink

When leaving my neighborhood you come out to busier street. The street is way wide enough for the drivers who are making lefts to move towards the middle so those of us making a right don't have to wait. It's busy in the morning and way harder to make a left than it is to make the right. So instead of doing the considerate thing there's always one (or more) jackhole who moves all the way to the right, turns on his left blinker and sits there waiting for a chance to make his left. All while everyone waits not-so-patiently behind him!!!!!!!

GRrRRRRRR!!

PS:And if the abovementioned jackhole leaves barely enough room for a car on his right you bet your @$$ I'm squeezing by on the right!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation