[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Pineapples and other drink garnishes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Pineapples and other drink garnishes
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 7:03 pm   Permalink

Ok, so where do I find sugar cane sticks and little orchids for drink garnishments?
Aloha ! I mean garnishes. that surf room mai tai is tasty

[ This Message was edited by: tiki rider 2005-08-11 19:11 ]

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-11 7:29 pm   Permalink

Trader Joe's near us (in Nor Cal) usually have orchids, a nice bunch for about $6. Sugar cane, I do not know, maybe Asian markets or really good produce markets? Our neighbor had some a few years back, he had a bottle of Havana Gold, and we wanted to make authentic Mojitos, and he got sugar cane. There is a grocery store in Berkeley called Berkeley Bowl, that has the most amazing array of produce I've ever seen, I feel certain they would have it, but maybe someone knows of an equivalent in SoCal?

(Hanford - Mojito is not in the spell check! Did I spell it right??)

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 10:49 am   Permalink

Thanks Mrs. P, I'll try TJ's. I was thinking too, maybe I could just order a fresh flower lei and then take it apart for garnishes.
Aloha

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 11:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-11 19:03, Tiki Rider wrote:
Ok, so where do I find sugar cane sticks and little orchids for drink garnishments?
Aloha ! I mean garnishes. that surf room mai tai is tasty

[ This Message was edited by: tiki rider 2005-08-11 19:11 ]

At one of the hoity-toity places I use to bartend at they used long slices of sugar cane as garnish in mojitos and sangria. It was mighty good, and fun to chew on when the drink was done. I don't know where they got it from, but I know it was very expensive and imported from somewhere not in the states. Sometimes we couldn't use it because it was unavailable.

(here's a wierd sidebar: the TC spellcheck gives "coots" as a replacement for the word mojito. Go figure. )

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation