FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » BBQ at Johnnie Velours, Saturday, May 24th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
BBQ at Johnnie Velours, Saturday, May 24th
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-14 9:59 pm   Permalink

Me and my roommates, Brian and Kate are having a Memorial weekend BBQ on Saturday, May 24. Anyone who wants to come is invited.

We will be opening the doors at 2:00 and will start the grill around 3ish.

We will be supplying the food, grub, chow and BBQ. We'll also have food for our vegie people. All we ask you to bring is a bottle of booze and we will make a cocktail from it.

You can RSVP here or email me at
johnnievelour@yahoo.com

And as always, we are just a few minutes from LAX airport so you won't have a problem flying in.

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2003-06-12 01:36 ]

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 12:21 am   Permalink

I am so there!!!
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 12:33 am   Permalink

Of course we'll be there!

After all, I do have to pick up those bowls you made for me...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 07:54 am   Permalink

Poly-Pop is in! Bottle of Gossling's ok?

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-18 16:45 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-17 5:11 pm   Permalink

Cool! Sounds like fun. I will make every effort to be at this one. I'll see if I can get together the ingredients to make my Cannibal cocktail for those brave enough to try it. I need more guinea pigs.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 5:17 pm   Permalink

Johnnie,

You beat me too it! I was planning on having a B-B-Q the 25th as it will be my 4 year anniversary in Californy. But since your doing all the work I think I'll hit your instead.

I also maybe celebrating "the Death of Freedom". I have been self-employed for many years and my own boss but have recently been offered a full time position which I'm thinking over. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! A 4x8 windowless room,5 days a week! Better stock up on dat rum.

I guess I should look on the bright side-it's like working in a bomb shelter.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 6:25 pm   Permalink

Always a good time at Casa Velour, I'm there!

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 8:34 pm   Permalink

I'm in too!

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 11:03 pm   Permalink

Hey Johnnie, Atomic and I might also be bringing a friend of ours. He's not on TC, but he's a really cool guy who appreciates Tiki, loves da rum and lives practically down the street from you.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 2:23 pm   Permalink

I just want to let everyone know, being Saturday on Memorial Weekend, parking can be limited.
Please carpool if you can.

See you on Saturday!

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-22 7:35 pm   Permalink

Sabu and I will be there, Can't wait to see everyone again.

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-24 10:10 am   Permalink

I look forward to being there, hmmm and I just made a booze run at beverage warehouse. Perhaps a bottle of Cockspur or (?) will do?

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-24 12:52 pm   Permalink

PiPhiRho~

Does that recipe use the whole guinea pig? Does it matter if they're long or short-haired?

"If we took the bones out, they wouldn't be crunchy, would they?"

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-24 1:14 pm   Permalink

The only guinea pigs will be those who are brave enough to try one. Otherwise, the recipe calls for no rodents. Or pork, for that matter, long or regular. Although guests may not want to get too close to the BBQ grill if the chef has had more than one of them.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HaleTikiGirl

Posted: 2003-05-24 11:08 pm   Permalink

It was nice to have u guys wandering by my house in playa with the tiki statues! Nice to meet all of you and feel free to tell anyone visiting or in the area that they can stop by here and take a look around as well.
Again, nice meeting all of you ,
Mia

View Profile of HaleTikiGirl Send a personal message to HaleTikiGirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation