FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music What Tiki Music Are You Listening To? (plus reviews)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
What Tiki Music Are You Listening To? (plus reviews)
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-30 4:37 pm   Permalink

Is this different somehow from the other thread in Bilge?

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-30 10:07 pm   Permalink

Bilge ???

That's for losers !!

Right now I'm listening to a song called "Shit Sandwich" by Satan's Pilgrims. I dunno I'm really trying to educate myself on this Third Wave of Surf Music but I still much prefer JFK-era. I really like that wailing sax vs. too much "drip, drip, drip". I would post that opinion on SG101 but it would only make me an outcast (vs. all of the love and respect that I get on TC).

Also did you know you can download the Rhesus Monkeys on iTunes now ?? Unbelievable !!

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-10-01 08:52 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 3:45 pm   Permalink

joe satriani's new disc. black swans and worm hole wizards. freaking great guitar. and yeah, its not tiki or exotica.

[ This Message was edited by: talo ka 2010-10-04 15:47 ]

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 8:36 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2010-10-08 13:58 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 9:06 pm   Permalink

Back to the First Wave.

My CD of "The Best of the New Dimensions" arrived in the mail today. This early 1960's Surf band was comprised of 13-15 year olds !!

They recorded several albums which were targeted straight for the cut out bins.

They however hold their own (IMHO) with the best of them including icons like Dick Dale, the Belairs, and the Surfaris (Original and non-Original).

It's shocking how much great Surf music was recorded from 1961-1965 that flew low and under the radar.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 5:32 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2010-10-08 13:58 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mouse Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 5:56 pm   Permalink

........Was lisnin to Dick Dale today! Yeah, now Agents of vOoDo0...mmmmhhmmm

View Profile of Mouse Art Send a personal message to Mouse Art  Goto the website of Mouse Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 6:15 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2010-10-08 13:57 ]

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 7:57 pm   Permalink

The slurpy sound the straw makes at the bottom of a cocktail.

It is a really sad sound.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-30 16:37, aquarj wrote:

Is this different somehow from the other thread in Bilge?

The difference should be that this thread should only contain music relevant to this particular sub-forum.

Quote:

On 2010-10-04 21:06, JOHN-O wrote:

My CD of "The Best of the New Dimensions" arrived in the mail today.

[...]

They however hold their own (IMHO) with the best of them including icons like Dick Dale, the Belairs, and the Surfaris (Original and non-Original).

Yeah, one of my all time favorite surf bands! Front cover shot at Waikiki Beach.

Currently listening to my somewhat trashed copy of Bob Romeo's great Aphrodisia album.

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 4:52 pm   Permalink

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 5:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-06 13:05, Klas wrote:

Front cover shot at Waikiki Beach...

Ya know, I've always thought that album cover (along with the Sentinal's "Surfer Girl" album cover based on the same photo shoot) was pretty risque for the time.

We're talking about 13-14 year olds cavorting with much more "mature" ladies. Those lucky lucky kids.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-10-06 17:18 ]

beelzebozo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-06 7:07 pm   Permalink

Thee Swank Bastards need more listeners. Email theeswankbastards@hotmail.com for your copies of cds. For downloads go to http://www.tunecore.com/music/theeswankbastards. You can always go to last.fm and start a station with our name.

View Profile of beelzebozo Send a personal message to beelzebozo  Email beelzebozo Goto the website of beelzebozo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 12:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-06 17:14, JOHN-O wrote:

Ya know, I've always thought that album cover (along with the Sentinal's "Surfer Girl" album cover based on the same photo shoot) was pretty risque for the time.

My main thought about those two album covers have always been that the Sentinals must have been totally pissed off by having a rival band (Michael Lloyd and Jimmy Greenspoon of the New Dimensions) on the front cover of their album!

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-07 09:41 am   Permalink

The Sound of Plaid..................

http://dfm.nu/

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation