[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events trip to da mainland
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
trip to da mainland
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 03:09 am   Permalink

howzit peopo,

Is anybody gon be by or live close to LAX airport on da 12th of June? I arrive at 9:45pm and don't want to ask mom or dad to drive all da way from Oceanside (San Diego county) fo pick me up dat late. I jus need a place fo crash and den I can rent a car in da mornin and drive to my ohana'z house.

If anybody wana suck em up dat night, I'm down for a few. I gotta get bizzy da next morning though. I'm pressed fo time. Only gon be in Cali till da morning of da 26th, den to da sunshine state of Florida. The 12th is a Thursday I tink.

Drop me an email.

Mahaloz

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 1:44 pm   Permalink

Hey G, I got you covered on this. I own a couch and you can sleep on it? My condo is the official LAX pitstop for the family since we're like 8 minutes away.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 9:52 pm   Permalink

YAY! GECKO'S COMING TO TOWN!! I'll finally get a chance to meet you. Looking forward to it.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 8:13 pm   Permalink

you know i'll be down , see you soon

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 10:53 pm   Permalink

"Brown school of big pimpin"
you crazy braddah! I see you in a little while.

Aloha sista Floratina, like wise, can't wait fo meet you to and all da udda faces from dis board.

eh, tanks fo all da offers peopoz!! You guys showed me your aloha by emailing me for a ride as well as da post by dat bad ass carver Chiki. I owe you guys drinks!!! no worries i get em!

Al & pearly Shels is gon pick me up ya. Dey stey only tirty minutes away from my ohanaz place so, I won't have to rent a car. I love dem guys!

well can't wait to see all da tiki places of southern Cal. So much to see so little time. I would like to meet as many of you peepz as possible so come ova and buy me a drink....jus talking funny!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 03:58 am   Permalink

Hey Gecko - Give me a shout when you get to San Diego. Maybe we can get together in O.B. with my Stepdaughters who live there & grew up on the North Shore. They're always up for meeting & talking story with people from the islands. And they got plenty boards laying around if you wanna hit some waves.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 10:48 am   Permalink

Wait a minute Gecko. You get in LAX at 9:45 pm, then you gotta get down to AlnPearly Shell's place, then drink 'em up? It'll be 2 hrs. before you get to Al's, that's most likely midnite. Then you goin' to start suckin' 'em up at midnite? Jeez braddah!! Any other nite besides the 12th?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 12:29 pm   Permalink

howzit Shipwreck,
yes, we can hook up at bali hai or someting. I won't be able to go out and play during da day cuz i'll be working most of the time. but wen da sun goes down dats a different story ya. plus da watta on da mainland is FREEEEEZIN!! and I like to body surf betta.
bring your daughters out when we hook up, they might like bali hai.

eh Jungletrader,
yes it's gon be a late one. Al said maybe get time fo stop by da purple orchid. I guess befo we go to his house and crash we will go der?? i neva know were da p orchid stey? close to da airport? if get time fo dat, den shoots meet us ova der. But gotta make sure with Al first ya. I don't mind going from da airport den to a bar cuz i gotta calm down cuz i gon be happy to be home to see my mom and dad. plus we 3 hours behind calli which make em 6:45 my time wen i land at Lax. wat'evas Al&Shell like do. dey da ones in charge i don't have to go to work da next day but they do.

I jus gotta hook up with a buddy da next day fo get ready fo da Cruz show. Anybody know em? his name is Mike Tuitas. he's a Samoan local boy. big tiki collector. anyways I'm going to promote my new tiki panels on da mainland. I'll have these at the cruz show so come out and talk story with me. heres a pic of my main 2 designs wihich will be on my new web page.

not a whole lot of peopo know these were used in tiki bars way back wen cus most of them were thrown out cus of termites or wat'evas. I saw a don the beach pair once on ebay a looong time ago. I wanted to reproduce them cuz i think they are beautiful. ok I'm done, alohaz and see ya peepz soon.

geko

tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 11:41 pm   Permalink

Cool, I didn't put it together that you were arriving for the Aloha Cruz show. I'll see you there. I'll try to bring some more photos of my tikis to show you. Are you carving stuff on the mainland to sell at the show? Bringing stuff from Hawaii? Or are your panels at the Samoan friend's booth? I'll find out when I get there. Can't wait to meet ya.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 12:24 pm   Permalink

Cool, I didn't put it together that you were arriving for the Aloha Cruz show. I'll see you there. I'll try to bring some more photos of my tikis to show you. Are you carving stuff on the mainland to sell at the show? Bringing stuff from Hawaii? Or are your panels at the Samoan friend's booth? I'll find out when I get there. Can't wait to meet ya.

ey tikifille, dats right you live in southern area to, cherry. I look towards meeting you and seeing your pics of your carvings.

"Are you carving stuff on the mainland to sell at the show?"

"da show" is on the 14th so, I won't have time fa carve stuff fo da show except fo maybe 1 tiki and that's if i can find some wood. My brother carves to so hopefully he has some at his house.

"Bringing stuff from Hawaii?"
yes. panels, and hopefully about 3 tikis made from da local coconut trees here on da island. I will be bringing my extra autographed Martin Denny posters, and if braddah HULA HULA dosen't pick up my rattan fish aquarium I'll be bringing that to.

see ya at da show.

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:28 pm   Permalink

Gecko, your brother carves too? Does he know about Tiki Central. I'd love to see some of his work. Are your styles close or different?

Hey, can't wait till you get into town. Is there a Welcome to So Cal party planned yet? I heard a rumor about a night at Tiki Ti.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i] Is there a Welcome to So Cal party planned yet? I heard a rumor about a night at Tiki Ti.

Wednesday, June 18. Tiki-Ti-be there or be untouched by all its exotic goodness!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:51 pm   Permalink

wassup Pop,

ya, my little bro carves to. He dosen't go on Tiki Central. He's been carving on and off for about two years so, he's just getting into it. I got him his first chizles to get him started so he's in there. I haven't seen any of his new tikis lately but he's pretty good.

He makes them to support his Oakland Raider room. He's got my very first tiki at his house in the back yard of which he's turning into a polynesian paradise. I gotta help my man out and barter one of Boobam Bens bars for his backyard. I might bring one of his carvings to "da show"?

Tiki Ti is a must and yes, Weird Unc of da Gents plans on brining me by there fo suck'em up! so we can meet there to. I wanna see dem all Pop! bahuka, bali hai, tiki ti, etc etc....

see ya soon

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:56 pm   Permalink

Count me in for the Ti!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:59 pm   Permalink

Sounds like Tiki Ti it is. Sounds like your bro might also enjoy teh Hale Hawaii in Torrance, probably the only place around you'll find Tiki statues wearing Raiders caps. God I hope its the only place around, Haha.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation