FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sydney's Tiki Birthday Spectacular
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Sydney's Tiki Birthday Spectacular
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 10:50 am   Permalink

Just wanted to get this out early so that those that are interested in attending can mark the date on their calendars. It's gonna be good!

Saturday, August 16, 2003 at 4:00 pm

Come help us celebrate the 1 year birthday of my daughter Sydney! We are having a full-blown Polynesian Birthday Luau including island crafts tables, lei making, Hawaiian Shave Ice and a full Island buffet including a roasted pig!

Booked and scheduled to perform ~ a live Polynesian Floor Show plus performances by Tiki Central's Smoking Menehune's, Iuka Grogg of the Mai Kai Gents and the one and only King Kukulele. Tropical themed decor and grounds with full service Tiki bar provided by Chiki Tiki Diablo. Tropical Drinks and commemorative drinks menu provided by Master Mixologist Al Knepper of the Fabulous Lagoon Room with special, custom made party favors by Tiki Farm.

This will be a full-blown Childrens party by Tiki Central Special Agent PolynesianPop (Syndey's proud Daddy) ~ Come help us make this a special day for my little girl! All TC tribe members and their kids are invited. For more information, directions and RSVP please email me at
polynesianpop@yahoo.com -- See you there!

Party Location:
XXXXX

From Los Angeles:
XXXXX

From Long Beach/South Bay:
XXXXX

From Orange County/San Diego:
XXXXX

From Inland Empire:
XXXXX

See below for lodging info for those coming in from outside the LA/San Gabriel Valley area. All locations are within approximately 5 miles of the event.

Budget Hotels --
    Whittier Hilton - 7320 Greenleaf Ave, Whittier, CA
    Vagabond Inn - 14125 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA
    Ramada Inn - 11530 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA

Hoity Toity Hotels --
    Pacific Palms Resort - 1 Industry Hills Pkwy, Industry, CA
    Couryard by Marriott - 1905 S Azusa Ave, Hacienda Heights, CA

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-08-15 00:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-12-10 17:59 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-15 2:25 pm   Permalink

This promises to be a great tiki-family event.

Oddly enough, my daughter's birthday is the day before. And as you know, I'm a loser daddy and my daughter's birthday will be quite, ah, quaint in comparison.

So I'm gonna tell her secretly that this is really her birthday party, but we're having it at Poly Pop's place!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 3:45 pm   Permalink

Hey, Pop, that's some crazy party for your 1 year old. My 40th is coming up in September - how about planning MY party?

Seriously, we might have to road-trip it down for this...that is, if you're allowing Northern California Hoity-Toities. Is there a nice, cheap place to stay nearby?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 07:37 am   Permalink

Tiki-bot, we'd LOVE to have you guys come down for this! I've been asked about the lodging question a few times already. I'll put some information together and post it here. Stay Tuned.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 08:39 am   Permalink

Aloha Folks!

Just an update to Sydney's big shin-dig -- Stopped by Tiki Farm yesterday to pickup the custom party souvenirs and they look incredible! Met with Al at the Lagoon Room last night to go over final details on the custom drink menu -- believe me, you won't be disappointed.

I updated the original post at the top of the page with the location/address/map of the party and driving directions. Note to out-of-towners: The party is about 6 miles from Oceanic Arts. Could be a fun opportunity to come out a little early to check them out (OA's Saturday hours are 10am-1pm) before the party starts.
OA is located at 12414 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA 90602. For driving directions from Oceanic Arts to Sydney's Tiki Birthday Spectacular, Click Here.

Musical performances will start around 4pm so don't be late if you don't want to miss them -- The Smokin' Menehunes, Iuka Grogg of the Mai Kai Gents and the one and only King Kukulele.

Thanks for keeping those RSVP's coming!

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-12-10 18:01 ]

Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 09:04 am   Permalink

Poly-pop, please adopt me!

Can't make it to the party, but sounds incredible, and you've still got fifteen more years to improve before Sydney's sweet sixteen party though I can't imagine how you could top this.

Bong, dude you always have me in stitches.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 11:53 am   Permalink

Looks like my work schedule will preclude us from attending this wonderful blow-out as we had planned. Damn job! Oh wait, I'm employed - that's a GOOD thing!
Enjoy!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 1:40 pm   Permalink

The Monkeyman Clan will be there. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the effort POP!

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-07-31 3:55 pm   Permalink

This maybe the all-time champion of the "This Party's Really for Daddy" contest!

Sounds great- sorry I can't make it. Have a great time!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 10:45 am   Permalink

Tiki-bot, Suburban Hipster, Martiki, I'm sorry you can't make to my, err -- Sydney's party. Hopefully we can catch up at another event soon.

On another note, I've secured the services of Creative Digital Video to record the event. I'll put a link to a clip (if possible) on this thread after its complete of the performances so you can all check it out.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 11:45 am   Permalink

Since we are possibly crossing over to the high-tech mode of partying with digital video clips, remember Yahoo! has a "Start My Webcam" button on it's messaging system. If you've got a webcam to hookup, PolyPop, then out of town TC'ers can sign on to Yahoo and watch us partying LIVE!

I've got a webcam on computer hooked up through Yahoo, and it's easy!

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 4:19 pm   Permalink

SCD and POP,

I don't think that I will be streaming video during the party but when I am finished shooting and editing the video I will create a couple versions. One for high quality tape or dvd distribution and another short/low res version for web viewing. It is easy to save it as a small format mpg file and burn it on to cd so anyone with a computer can view it.

Looking forward to making all of you famous.

If anyone has creative ideas on the format of the video let me know.

Monkeyman
aka-Creative Digitial Video

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 4:21 pm   Permalink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sydney!
ALOHA PP! if i was there i'de go.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-07 07:53 am   Permalink

Thanks Gecko -- wish you could make it too.

The party plans are coming together nicely. Big Al of the Fabulous Lagoon Room will be debuting a line of signature non-alcoholic drinks for the kiddies and as such, we will be running TWO bars.

Check the first post in this thread for current updates. If anyone is interested in meeting up early, maybe we can put a group together to tour Oceanic Arts before the party starts. If interested, please post to this thread! Again, OA is only about 5-6 miles from the party.

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-08-07 08:01 ]

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-07 09:43 am   Permalink

I will be there early and would be up to do OA.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation