FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sydney's Tiki Birthday Spectacular
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Sydney's Tiki Birthday Spectacular
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 2:30 pm   Permalink

Cheeky thanks for the nice wishes. Maybe next time - I have 2 kids...

BTW Chiki - "FO" is the abbreviation to the special words that Floratina painted on her first ceramic Tiki mask she did at Doc Z's party. It's French for "I Love You." Didn't you see it?

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-08-14 14:30 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 2:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

thechikitiki wrote:
Pop, what's a FO?

Chiki~

He's referring to the painting of the tiki plaster heads at Doctor Z's party. Floratina simply painted hers vertically along the face of the white plaster tiki to look like petroglyphs but when you turned the tiki to the side, you could see that she actually painted "F*CK OFF" on it! Maybe she'll post a picture of it.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 2:53 pm   Permalink

I took no pictures of the punk tiki. I should have captured it for Ben because he would appreciate that, being an art school guy and all. Dr. Z says he is going to put it on Ebay.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-14 5:42 pm   Permalink

Pop, looks like my gal Naomi's weekend trip is cancelled because she has to man her store
...but that means that me and my son (and maybe his pal) will be able to attend!

What is planned between O.A. (1:00 pm) and your pardy (3:00 pm)...?

Maybe I'll go and see a movie with the boys, it'll be airconditioned!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-15 12:20 am   Permalink

BigBro, I'm glad you can make it! We don't have any plans between OA and the party -- you'll have time to take the guys to a movie. It might probably be better to show up around 4pm anyways since it probably won't start cooling off until then!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-15 10:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-13 19:04, CheekyGirl wrote:
Or is this the sort of occasion that is totally inappropriate for alcohol swiggin' adults to be walking around in a drunken stupor, tripping and stumbling all over the poor kiddies?
[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl on 2003-08-13 19:05 ]

When I was a kid growing up in La Habra we had a pool in the backyard and a tiki bar/tiki patio room and my parents would throw these parties it seemed like every weekend or maybe it was just once a month - I was maybe 7 to 9 years old - I'm sure there was tons of booze flowing and people getting drunk because there is this one story they like to tell about the woman who went into the bathroom pulled down her bathing suit, sat on the toilet and then passed out and her husband had to come in and put her back together - or there was the time that my dad jumped up and down on the diving board and he and the board ended up in the pool - I just thought it was funny and didn't know what being "drunk" was - so unless things have changed since then they'll probably just think the adults are being funny or silly. But of course all us hoity toitys will conduct ourselves with the utmost of decorum.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-15 10:47 am   Permalink

As long as I don't get sick from drinking too much, my kids think that buzzed adults are funny(they don't know why we are acting the way we are).

I am a happy drunk so it usually means that daddy is acting extra silly/playful/crazy etc.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-15 2:37 pm   Permalink

PolyPop,

I have family visiting this weekend so I will be busy playing host/tour guide/cruise director.

A big ALOHA to you and your family.

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-15 4:22 pm   Permalink

MT, thanks braddah. But if you change your mind, please stop by. You can bring your family if you wish.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-16 10:18 am   Permalink

Okay, is there a set time for meeting at OA today? I'll be there, if I only knew when....

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-16 12:23 pm   Permalink

its 11:20 and I'm heading to OA...!

[ This Message was edited by: traderpup on 2003-08-16 14:16 ]

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-17 01:10 am   Permalink

Just got home a little while ago. It was good to see everyone again. Pop went out of control on the decor for the party and turned the huge backyard into a tiki paradise complete with bars and tikis from Chiki and mixology from Al.

Entertainment was provided by Bong's and my band, the Smoking Menehunes, King Kukulele, and Ikua Grog. Unfortunately, the King chipped a tooth on my chrome mic. You gotta watch that, it'll get you. Great show though.

To top it off, I had heard that Pop had a mug made especially for the event. He actually didn't have one mug made, he had four different styles made and passed them out to the guests for attending. As if seeing the Smoking Menehunes playing wasn't enough?! Pop really knows how to throw a party. Thanks for inviting me and having our band play. Hopefully some pictures will turn up.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-17 12:13 pm   Permalink

Adrian, thank you for the great backyard Luau! What a nice family you have. I don't think I saw one person not clad in Aloha gear. Especially the Keikis, down to the little babys, wearing Tiki shirts.

They were King Kuku's fan club, hanging on his mike, but leaving him unperturbed as always. Loved the Santo & Johnny song Bong did. And the fierce Maori warrior dancer that made little Sidny cry (not for long). And meeting new TCers from out of town.

Thanks Pop for a lovely afternoon/evening.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-17 12:29 pm   Permalink

That was a terrific party, Pop! Beautiful surroundings, a great family that made me feel right at home, yummy food, Menehunes, Grogg, Kuke, cute baby and a custom tiki mug to mark the occasion! I love the mug and appreciate that it is appropriately pink, but it is also a lovely subtle shade of natural endorsed by Lissette and the mens won't be scared of it, either.

We even had a pair of new TCers from France! Vincent and Kate found us on line and since they were in town, showed up at the party. They are very cool and hope they start posting.

Thanks to all of you for putting on a mighty entertaining shindig. I brought only the phonecam and have a few pics that I will post shortly (I hope shortly). There were others documenting the happenings and I look forward to seeing their pics.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-08-17 12:35 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-17 1:17 pm   Permalink

Here is the nuclear Pop family now:

SCD taking pictures:

Monkeyman and the lovely Mrs. Monkeyman dance:

The Smokin' Menehunes:

King and his fans:

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-08-17 13:18 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation