FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sydney's Tiki Birthday Spectacular
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Sydney's Tiki Birthday Spectacular
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-17 10:41 pm   Permalink

I was over in Catalina over the weekend and read in the local newspaper that Sven A. Kirsten Famed author of the Book Of Tiki was going to be at the Tiki Fest 03(and a few other no-namers too). Talk about a "Ghost Writer!!" Har! Har! Har! Congrats on your 1 year Syd!!! (substitute the Y for an I and drive your parents crazy!!!)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 10:15 am   Permalink

What a great time Sydney's party was! Thanks to all those who came out and helped us celebrate this special day with me, my family and of course, birthday girl Sydney! I didn't get very many pics but here's what I have. Hopefully, a few others will post theirs too.

Mmmmmm....roasted pig!

Island Buffet...

Tiki Central hanging out at the bar.

Hula dancers entertain the crowd.

King Kukulele and Iuka Grogg play "Hukilau" while the female guests get a luau dance lesson.

The Smokin' Menehunes tearing up the stage!

King Kukulele and Iuka Grogg sing Happy Birthday to Sydney.

Time for cake!

Special thanks to Al & Shelley for helping out with the bar & decor, Bong/Spike/Shirley & Mick for the great music, Iuka Grogg & King Kuku for the entertainment, SugarCaddyDaddy/SugarMama & Sugargal Olivia for the incredible cake, Chiki Tiki for the decor & incredible carvings, The Monkeyman Clan & ModMana for capturing the event on video and pre-party preparations help in hot midday sun, and Holden at Tiki Farm for custom tiki mugs and tiki pendants. And of course to all my family who helped make this party happen.

And THANK YOU all for attending and making Sydney's party a success. THANK YOU for the wonderful gifts and THANK YOU for sharing the Aloha spirit with our family. Tiki Central truly is a group of wonderful people.

Oh, and Sven, looks like we made quite a few new converts that night. Look out for some more book sales in the next week!

Mahalo Nui Loa from the PolynesianPop Ohana!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 11:17 am   Permalink

It must be stated again what a GREAT extended family you have Poly Pop! I had the honor of video taping most of them and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Your mom, grandma, aunt, mother in law and father in law were so much fun and great hosts.

You and your wife were under pressure that day to make it all come together and it was a huge success. All of that in crazy heat (The news said Hacienda Heights was nearly 95 degrees).

My wife and kids also had a great time. The entertainment was top notch. The King is really great with kids. I see a diversification of the Kings clientele.

I mean really... what kid would not want to hear a song about fish fruit and nuts?

I have started capturing the video to my hard drive and will begin the long and creative process of editing.

Monkeyman

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 12:20 pm   Permalink

Actually, King's most devoted following appears to be the "What are you lookin' at?" alt-rock delinquents that come to see him every other Wednesday at The Hub Cafe. Think Mr. Kotter and the Sweathogs. They're outdoors and with this crowd you can smoke a half a dozen cigarettes without touching one yourself.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 11:09 pm   Permalink

Poly-Pop,

Thanks so much to you and your family for putting together such a fantastic event! Little Sydney is a very lucky little girl to have such great parents. Had an excellent time and enjoyed meeting a ton of new tiki friends. Mrs. ModMana was very sad that she couldn't make it this time.

I just have to say that the bar is getting raised quite high for these parties. I don't see how it can get any better. We've really got a good thing going with this group and I'm constatnly amazed by the creativity, generosity, and friendliness of everyone on TC.

Cheers!

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation