FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Mug Release Party at Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge June 1
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Mug Release Party at Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge June 1
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 11:40 am   Permalink

Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge proudly presents our new, custom Tiki Mug by Tiki Farm. Available for purchase only at the bar, $8. You know you want one!

Please join us for the mug release party Sunday, June 1, 6 to 9pm.

Velvety, smooth, creamy surf music by the Volcanics.

Tropical drinks the way you like 'em, Boozy!

Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge is located at 221 Richmond Street, El Segundo, CA. Just south of LAX. Go to the west end of the 105 freeway, it becomes Imperial Highway, turn left on Main St., right on Grand Ave., left on Richmond St.

Call for other info (310) 322-5829.

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 12:03 pm   Permalink

Very cool! My favorite color!

Here's a larger view:

It's on my calendar!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 12:17 pm   Permalink

Lovely (and somehow kinda naughty) design! Hey SCD, that calendar of yours is becoming a better idea by the day. Especially now, as we are perched at the onset of Tiki high-season...

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 12:55 pm   Permalink

floratina wrote:
Lovely (and somehow kinda naughty) design!

You wrote it. I was thinking that as well, but you wrote. The color is nice.

midnite...naughty bits.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 5:11 pm   Permalink

The term "polymorphous perverse" comes to mind.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 8:02 pm   Permalink

The mug release party is on a SUNDAY??

Yikes! That might be tough to make...

BTW - it took me a minute to figure out what "Wersmo Derinc" means; very funny!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-15 8:09 pm   Permalink

I love the concept:

the purple, Purple Orchid tiki mug at Purple Orchid.

It took me several minutes to figure out Wersmo Derinc. Very clever and highly amusing.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 12:35 pm   Permalink

Cmon, Z - M.D.

It won't be so bad. I'll even drive. Since Tikibelle's favorite color is Purple, we need to get her a mug, (and one for myself, of course).

Werso Goinc!

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 02:35 am   Permalink

I will be there, but Lady Velour has to work, she will come to the next mug release party. Who else is going to attend?

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 06:43 am   Permalink

I am so there!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 10:26 am   Permalink

Yup.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 5:06 pm   Permalink

Its 6 to 9pm, that's not too bad for a sunday night - count me in.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-02 8:51 pm   Permalink

much thanks to our gracious hosts. The place looks great, the mug looks great, a good time was had by all.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-02 9:02 pm   Permalink

Dave and Rebecca make one feel at home, no better than home. I gotta say this is my new home away from home. Thanks for a great time. Yes I was there, after 9.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-02 9:15 pm   Permalink

It was definitely a fun night. Atomic and I are very happy with our mugs and our hosts couldn't have been more gracious. Rebecca even directed traffic for a bit at the ladies' room when a few of us gals got a bit backed up.

The band was great, very high energy. After people got past their dancing fears it started to feel just like a dance scene straight out of a Frankie and Annette film....well without the beach anyway.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation