FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Maui Tiki Ceramics - Gearing up for Tiki Oasis 2014!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Maui Tiki Ceramics - Gearing up for Tiki Oasis 2014!
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 1:25 pm   Permalink

Hi Mikey, I'm just learning so it's fun to share and learn what others are doing.

LOL, you'll have to bring a friend to the Anniversary Party to get two!

Swizzle, I always have several projects going at once, but when deadlines are involved some jobs take priority.

Umeone, I've been testing glazes and painting dark colors then sponging away the excess before spraying the main color which gives the dark lines. I found it can work with light colors too if you use the right combination of glazes and don't get the top color too thick. I only did a few of these because it's a delicate process to get it just right. Making pendants is a great way to test glazes and techniques!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 1:34 pm   Permalink

WOW what more is there to say! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-29 5:19 pm   Permalink

Hey Rob, GREAT JOB BRA!! I like all the glaze choices you used.. Wish we could go to the party over there in Kona.. It's like a 10min plane ride over there but about 200 $$$..
After the holidays hopefully..

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 7:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks Wendy!

Yeah beachbumz, I wish the $$ I made making them would cover a trip over for the anniversary party. But sadly the airfare, car rental and condo would make for an expensive weekend.

They need to change their anniversary so it doesn't fall so close to the holidays!!

www.stuckonmaui.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rumdumpster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-02 12:55 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to pop on here and say that you do amazing work!

When Brice and Lisa mentioned that you did the pendents, I got so excited. So I cant wait till monday to get mine!

View Profile of Rumdumpster Send a personal message to Rumdumpster  Email Rumdumpster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-02 3:43 pm   Permalink

The post office temporarily lost the pendants! Yikes! The were supposed to be delivered on the 29th and still are not there. The tracking has been updated (the box was located) and hopefully they arrive today.

Lisa and Brice still need to string them for Monday.

www.stuckonmaui.com

Beachbumz

Posted: 2011-12-02 6:34 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear they found it Rob, that would have been a BIG bummer..ya??
Ok, so now go start that kiln up already, I wanna glaze this weekend!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rumdumpster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-09 12:50 pm   Permalink

The pendents made it to the event in time!

I just wanted to say a big mahalo for the amazing work you put into them, it was a smash at the party. I know I will cherish mine for years to come.

I also took a ton of pics of the party which should be up on the Okolemaluna facebook page and on Careless Navigator shortly.

View Profile of Rumdumpster Send a personal message to Rumdumpster  Email Rumdumpster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-09 2:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-09 12:50, Rumdumpster wrote:
The pendents made it to the event in time!

I just wanted to say a big mahalo for the amazing work you put into them, it was a smash at the party. I know I will cherish mine for years to come.

I also took a ton of pics of the party which should be up on the Okolemaluna facebook page and on Careless Navigator shortly.

Thanks, what color pendant did you get? I'll check for your photos on their Facebook page.

www.stuckonmaui.com

MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-22 9:02 pm   Permalink

What's happening Tiki People? It's been a while since I posted, but I have a new project in the works so I'm gearing up to start posting some pics.

Before I get started on the new project I wanted to post a couple pics of a mug I made recently for Gecko.

I'm going to make a few Kamalo mugs with this woodgrain and glaze technique. Watch for them on eBay!

Aloha!
-Rob

www.stuckonmaui.com

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-22 9:25 pm   Permalink

Looks just like him!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2012-03-23 12:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-22 21:02, MauiTiki wrote:
What's happening Tiki People? It's been a while since I posted, but I have a new project in the works so I'm gearing up to start posting some pics.

Put it in high gear already MauiTiki...New Top Secret Project?? Let's see some pictures...

swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-23 01:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-23 00:12, Beachbumz wrote:
Put it in high gear already MauiTiki...New Top Secret Project?? Let's see some pictures...

Exactly. Where ya been?

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-23 03:15 am   Permalink

Love the finish on your mug. Your doing a great job with your mugs.
Way to go.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-23 12:13 pm   Permalink

Gecko sent me this photo from his living room shelf. I'm humbled to be on the same shelf with mugs from the best mug makers in the world at my mug making idol's house!

www.stuckonmaui.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation