FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Maui Tiki Ceramics - by TikiRob
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Maui Tiki Ceramics - by TikiRob
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-19 9:26 pm   Permalink

Rob I wish you could have come over. Next time you are in town you better stop by. I'll try to see your site. I'm not into high tech, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-06 12:07 pm   Permalink

Just got back from a Fabulous weekend on the Oahu with Swizzle and Beachbumz. We got to hang out for a day with Gecko at LaMariana and his studio. Tried to get some tips out of him but he doesn't give in.

Here are some photos of the latest batch out of the kiln.

Like Easter Eggs!

Stone-like Finish!

I like my new interior Glaze!

Some Bone in the nose! The one on the Right went home with Robbie to Australia.

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-06 12:16 pm   Permalink

We'll my "secret project" is now public!

I've been making ceramic Sugar Skulls. I made them to give as a reward on my Kickstarter project. They are a ton of work so I won't be making very Many.

They have lids, so you can drink out of them or just display them with the lid on. I have made a couple with straw holes in the lids. I will only be making 25-30 of these.

For now these are only available on my KICKSTARTER project which is Temporary Tattoos for your face.
Check it out by clicking the link below...

Click here check out my KICKSTARTER project and to order A Skull!
http://kck.st/QjRaZj

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob www.instagram.com/TikiRob

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-08 8:52 pm   Permalink

I know I'm two years late on this, but are you making any more medallions?

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-08 9:18 pm   Permalink

Very cool skulls! I like the antiqued look. I hope you have a hit with the temptoos, Dia de los Muertos is coming soon!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-09 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-08 20:52, Hale Tiki wrote:

I have a whole box full. I'm always glaze testing with them. Let me know if you'd like one!

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-09 7:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-09 17:44, MauiTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-09-08 20:52, Hale Tiki wrote:

I have a whole box full. I'm always glaze testing with them. Let me know if you'd like one!

WOO! I'd like a few. I'll PM you. Hot damn!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-28 08:36 am   Permalink

Vacations over, back to work. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 10:32 am   Permalink

HI WENDY!!

You made me laugh!! I owe you a BIG HUG for motivating me to post on TC again. I've been meaning to for some time, but just crazy busy over here. I have been checking in to see what you are up to but not often enough.

I have two mugs in the works right now!! One is done and selling, the next will be available in the next week or so, I'll keep you posted.

Here is my latest design in the works. Anyone recognize this guy? (Beachbumz no telling).

I tried a different sculpting approach using slip as a base...

Here is the final sculpt...

More photos of the finished mugs will be posted later today.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

[ This Message was edited by: MauiTiki 2013-01-28 10:34 ]

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-01-28 10:44 am   Permalink

Muy Awesome. GROG like.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-01-28 10:50 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 11:44 am   Permalink

Rob,

I'd like to meet you or at least buy one of your mugs when I stop in Maui on my Hawaiian cruise in mid August. Would that be a possibility?

LMK,
Lori

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 11:59 am   Permalink

Hi Lori,

YES, that would be fun. How long is your stop on Maui? Will you have access to a car? I watched a bunch of "cruisers" walking around Kahului on Saturday. Seems like most don't have transportation so just walk to what is close by. I'm in Kihei and have mugs for sale at my office and also at Beachbumz shop (also in Kihei). Both are about 25-30 minutes from the harbor.

-Rob

Quote:

On 2013-01-28 11:44, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Rob,

I'd like to meet you or at least buy one of your mugs when I stop in Maui on my Hawaiian cruise in mid August. Would that be a possibility?

LMK,
Lori

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-28 1:07 pm   Permalink

Very nice Robert, lots of detail. Love the chamfered/beveled edges on all the little boxes.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 1:13 pm   Permalink

We overnight on Maui from Sunday @ 8am to Monday @ 6pm. I'm pretty sure we'll rent a car so we can explore. At least that's the plan. Let me know what's not to miss on the island (besides your shop!) if you don't mind.

I've been reading old threads here on TC with reviews and suggestions and I bought all the Hawaii Revealed books too. (I like my research)

Lori

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 6:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-28 10:32, MauiTiki wrote:

Here is my latest design in the works. Anyone recognize this guy? (Beachbumz no telling).

I do! But I don't know from where. I have a pic of it saved in my "inspirational tiki pics" file. I love the deep-cut pattern on the upper legs!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation