FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Maui Tiki Ceramics - New KALA Mug/Vase Page 14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Maui Tiki Ceramics - New KALA Mug/Vase Page 14
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-28 6:07 pm   Permalink

Wow, I love the new design. I need you to teach me how to make the letters on the bottom of the mug. That looks really good. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 6:40 pm   Permalink

4WDtiki, I have had the photo saved as well for may years. It's so unique compared to so many of the tiki's we see out there. I wish I had done it sooner. Before the Smugglers cove and Sammy Hagar mugs with similar head dresses.

Yes Wendy, I thought I would be more professional and make the bottom digitally. You are not the first to comment on the bottom and wonder how I did it. I just kind of winged it and I'm sure there is an easier way. What we need is a 3D printer to print the design digitally. I think Tiki Farm is moving in that direction. Their new designs are rendered in a 3D program, so I would think they may be using a 3D printer to create the original.
Someday....

I made this in plaster so I can pour a base for all my mugs in the future.

Ready to go under!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-28 10:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-28 10:32, MauiTiki wrote:
I have two mugs in the works right now!! One is done and selling, the next will be available in the next week or so, I'll keep you posted.

So what is the other one that is done an selling? (How have I missed it?)

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-29 10:03 am   Permalink

Hey MikeyTiki,

This IS the one that is done and selling. Since I've been away from Tiki Central for a bit, I didn't want to overload the thread in one day (and skip the in-progress photos). My next mug should be ready in a week, I'll post some in-progress photos later today or tomorrow.

Here are photos of the finished Kahu Mug!

They are available now on my website. Only $60
http://www.mauitikitours.com/carson.html

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers www.stuckonmaui.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-01-29 10:23 am   Permalink

Two semi-opposable thumbs up.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-29 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-29 10:23, GROG wrote:
Two semi-opposable thumbs up.

Thanks Grog!

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-29 11:55 am   Permalink

That puck worked out great for the bottom. I like the maker's stamp. Very clean, very crisp.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-01-29 1:23 pm   Permalink

Beautiful mug, Rob!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-29 6:26 pm   Permalink

Came out nice! I love non-glossy glazed mugs.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-29 6:53 pm   Permalink

Another winner, Rob!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-29 7:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hale Tiki, Eric, Bill and Atomic Tiki Punk!!

I have two left from the first batch. They are available now on my website. Only $60
http://www.mauitikitours.com/carson.html

I have several more in the works. PM me if you want a special interior color.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers www.stuckonmaui.com

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 07:34 am   Permalink

Lettering on the btm looks great...

So do all your mugs.......

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-19 7:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki friends! Got the first color test of the KALA mugs out of the kiln. Maybe I should call them Vases to be different? Gonna need a straw to drink out of them!

I'm working with the guy who taught me to make mugs, so these will come faster and be less expensive than my typical mugs. The plan is to make 50 mugs over the next two weeks. There will be 10 each of 5 different colors. (plus these color tests and a few customs to come later). These will be available soon, so I've started a waiting list. If you are interested, let me know which color and I'll add you to the list. There will also be a wood-grain version and another color - to be determined. Only $40 each plus $11 shipping for one $12 shipping for two. (Only two of the Black & Tan version left!)

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com

[ This Message was edited by: MauiTiki 2013-02-19 20:06 ]

Professor G
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-19 7:55 pm   Permalink

You gentlemen from Kihei are on fire, lately. The work is beautiful. Congratulations.

View Profile of Professor G Send a personal message to Professor G  Goto the website of Professor G     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-19 8:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-19 19:55, Professor G wrote:
You gentlemen from Kihei are on fire, lately. The work is beautiful. Congratulations.

Thanks "G"!! People who come visit us are in for a treat! Custom mugs and MaiTai's on Maui! Who is coming to visit next?

-Rob

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation