FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Maui Tiki Ceramics - Gearing up for Tiki Oasis 2014!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Maui Tiki Ceramics - Gearing up for Tiki Oasis 2014!
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 7:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-07 19:34, MauiTiki wrote:

The rim of the spider mug has a flaw.

The rim is fixed! came out great!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-11 5:53 pm   Permalink

Are you and Beachbumz ok? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 7:33 pm   Permalink

Wendy... Beachbumz and I made it through the Tsunami. We both live high enough up that it didn't effect us. BeachBumz shop is low but I don't think the water made it to his shop. Close, but not quite there.

I started work on your bowl, I didn't for get about you!

www.stuckonmaui.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-11 8:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-11 17:53, danlovestikis wrote:
Are you and Beachbumz ok? Wendy

Hi Wendy, the water came within 15ft of our shop... I was thinking early this morning I was going to have some time off... Thank you god... We got lucky out here this time..

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-11 10:15 pm   Permalink

Maui, glad you could salvage your mug - Beachbumz, glad you didn't have to salvage your shop!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-12 09:40 am   Permalink

Good news with so much bad news out there. I'll have to contact Mike, I know his house is high but his day job is on the water.

I'm excited about my bowl. Beachbumz I need one from you too. (: Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-25 8:52 pm   Permalink

Got three mugs out of the kiln this morning. I promised I'd post a photo of this one. Sorry the photo is kind of dark. I can't re-take it, 'cause it's already on its way to his new home.

More photos of the other two mugs this weekend!

www.stuckonmaui.com

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-25 9:04 pm   Permalink

Very nice - beautiful sculpt, beautiful texturing, beautiful glazing.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SeaDawg
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-25 9:36 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2011-03-25 20:52, MauiTiki wrote:
Got three mugs out of the kiln this morning. I promised I'd post a photo of this one. Sorry the photo is kind of dark. I can't re-take it, 'cause it's already on its way to his new home.

It's AWESOME. Thanks Rob

View Profile of SeaDawg Send a personal message to SeaDawg  Email SeaDawg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-25 11:41 pm   Permalink

This mug is awesome, the glaze on this one was unreal brada!
SeaDawg, wait till you hold it, the glaze texture is too cool.
Congrats!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SeaDawg
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-29 07:03 am   Permalink

Hey Rob,
Just received my custom mug and it is awesome, this is your best ever!!! The glaze colors and texture make this mug look & feel like it's chiseled from an ancient jungle tree. The fishermans hook is like whalebone and the interior like molten lava. And Maui is its own special place on the back of the mug. Fantastic. Thank you my friend!
Mahalo

View Profile of SeaDawg Send a personal message to SeaDawg  Email SeaDawg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 11:27 am   Permalink

SeaDawg - Glad it made it to you so quickly (and in one piece). I'm happy to have it in your collection. You can put the mugs together and see how I've progressed in my mug making over the past year.

Although I really love this design and customizing it, I'm going to force myself to move on to a new design. I have several in the works, but not 100% confident with any of them. I just need to take the time and finish one up and make a new mold. For me the sculpting of the original is the hardest part.

I do have one more custom Carson mug I like to call "my little monkey Skull" in the customizing stage. Inspired by Munktiki's "my little shrunken head" mug.

I still need to post photos of my first Kaikaina Lava Cinders mug that I started a couple months back. So much to do...So little time...

www.stuckonmaui.com

zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-29 11:36 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2011-03-25 21:36, SeaDawg wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-03-25 20:52, MauiTiki wrote:

It's AWESOME. Thanks Rob

Wow! Nice!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-12 08:53 am   Permalink

You are so good at glazing. How is my bowl coming along? Wendy

MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 11:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-12 08:53, danlovestikis wrote:
You are so good at glazing. How is my bowl coming along? Wendy

Oooh Wendy, I wish I had more time in the day. I own my own business and we are super busy right now, plus Little League Baseball is in full swing and my son has 3 games a week. With all the rain we've been having my yard is becoming a jungle. Not a controlled Jungle like your jungle room, but an overgrown tropical rainforest. I spent a good part of Saturday preparing a 30+ foot tall fan palm for cutting down, mu truck is overflowing with yard trimmings (I hop to make it to the green waste dump today). Just think of the tiki's I'll be able to carve from the 30 foot tall palm trunk! I'm planning on saving a few 6 foot tall sections for tiki's!! Maybe I can get Beachbumz over to carve one too.

Good news is I did work on Tiki ceramics last night, working on a new sculpt and started the glaze process for my "SKULL" mug.

Here is a crappy photo from my phone...

www.stuckonmaui.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation