FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Maui Tiki Ceramics - by TikiRob
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
Maui Tiki Ceramics - by TikiRob
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-16 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-16 14:57, lunavideogames wrote:
Looks really cool! I like the cannibal. I will buy some stuff in august for sure. I live in San Diego, so let me know what you might want for decor and I will see what I can do.

WOW, Thanks! We will have a double booth and the second side is mainland folks, so if we can't get what we need from them, I'll let you know. I'll be meeting with them in July to see what they can bring for us.

A big ALOHA from Maui!

See you there!

-TikiRob

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 7:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Tiki friends....

I'm cranking out tikis and not participating on TC. For that I'm sorry, but I'm going to make it my new years resolution to keep up with all you creative people.

I just finished a project that I thought I'd share.

After seeing the exploding Lava sphere that the discovery channel is using with their logo, I was inspired to do a high contrast black and yellow Lava Moai mug.

I started by adding some dimension to the bottom part of the mug.
and blending it into the mug with cracks.

I did a quick Computer rendering to see how I wanted to do the colors:

Then came the glazing. I started with yellow then added orange around the lava chunks. I painted red glaze on the edges of the lava and mixed a bumpy black lava for the surfaces. The two tones of black were sprayed last. Overall it took several hours to glaze.

I popped it in the kiln and 24 hours later here it is!

Crazy, I'm already thinking of ways to do it faster and better for the next one.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 6:58 pm   Permalink

Hi Rob!

Great to see you on TC. From following you on Instagram I know you've been rel busy. Everything looks great and that new Moai mug is awesome!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 7:48 pm   Permalink

KrAzY cool..........

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 10:14 am   Permalink

Thanks LorilovesTiki and Hang10Tiki.

I'll do my best to keep up with TC. I'm hoping to have some more cool stuff to show over Christmas break.

ALOHA!

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: Yesterday; 12:23 pm   Permalink

I really appreciate the amount of work it took to do that glazing. I'm so happy that it turned out so well. Beautiful. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 12:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks Wendy!! It means a lot coming from you.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation