FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Tiki Food Recipes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Tiki Food Recipes
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2016-04-12 6:29 pm   Permalink

OK, here it is - Zucchini War Canoe filled with White Rice and Kalua Pork, Grilled Pineapple Outrigger, and Cucumber Orca on a lagoon blue plate

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2016-04-12 18:30 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 18 days ago; 12:20 pm   Permalink

I recently came across this Longines Symphonette box set, and I almost didn't grab it until I found out what else was inside. The music is pretty much what you'd expect - absurdly lush string arrangements, dance band versions of Hawaiian songs, and vocals that would be right at home on the Lawrence Welk show (although I should say that you could easily lift all the dance band songs from this collection and make a half-decent album.)

In reality, this is a "Luau in a Box." Stuffed in with the discs was all the original album club ephemera, including two sweepstakes entries for a Hawaiian vacation and a picture book of the islands with "suggested recipes" to accompany your exotic listening party. The recipes, like the music, are highly westernized and geared toward your average 1971 shopping list.

Out of the list the most appetizing ones look like the ginger-honey chicken with snow peas and the honey-butter glazed fruit-and-coconut kebabs.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 17 days ago; 10:04 am   Permalink

For the life of me, I can't figure out why broiling was so popular back then...

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 10:30 am   Permalink

Here is yet one more recipe, Hawaiian tuna pke: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/06/ahi-poke-hawaiian-raw-tuna-salad-recipe.html

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation