FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Hula Girls, tonight at Don the Beachcomber's!! 10/18/10 @ 7:00
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Hula Girls, tonight at Don the Beachcomber's!! 10/18/10 @ 7:00
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 10:09 am   Permalink

If you haven't been following along on the Monday night at Dons thread, I wanted to let everyone know that we're playing the Dagger Bar tonight at 7:00! Come hang out! Get some ribs and a cocktail! Aloooha!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 10:24 am   Permalink

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-18 10:27 am   Permalink

Just to make sure people don't go to the wrong establishment---the name of the restaurant is DON THE BEACHCOMBER.

http://www.donthebeachcomber.com/

So, if you go to DON THE BEACHCOMBER'S, you're at the wrong restaurant. You want the place without the 'S.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 10:51 am   Permalink

kinda like
Tiki TIs
Bahookas
and the prior Konas

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 10:54 am   Permalink

Grog,

All I know is I keep driving south on PCH until I see the big fish with DON'S on it, then pull into the parking lot.

I hope that is the right place.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 10:55 am   Permalink

BTW Spike,

I had ya covered.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=38114&forum=17&3

oh well, maybe 2 threads will get twice the people there.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 12:41 pm   Permalink

Hahahahaha.... Thank you, Grog's

Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 08:05 am   Permalink

What a great show last night. Mrs. Chippy and I really had a great time and so much fun.

Big thanks to Art at Don's for bringing these guys in on a Monday night. The dagger bar was packed but it did not take anything away from the show.

I had a chance to briefly chat with the guys (and Gal) and they were great.

This was Mrs. Chippy's first Tiki event and she was blown away with all of the great folks and the great time.

Thanks again to everyone. I hope they come back again real soon.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI

Posted: 2010-10-19 11:29 am   Permalink

Great night TC night at DTB, Thank you Art and DTB staff for having the THE HULA GIRLS. Best and most original TIKI BAR in SC calif. Where was John-0 ????? Our professional photographer and historian!!

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 11:36 am   Permalink

Great times indeed.
those who didn't make it missed out.
Hopefully the Hula Girls will be back soon.

Jeff(btd)

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 11:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-19 11:29, HB TIKI wrote:
...Where was John-0 ????? Our professional photographer and historian!!

JOHN-O was working late. Sorry I missed it. Thanks for the pictures Roger !!

Who's the new guy on Bass ??

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-10-19 11:57 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2010-10-19 12:19 pm   Permalink

Really wish we could have been there, but after three days of tiki bars, tiki restaurants and tiki exhibits (all featuring lots o' tiki booze), we needed some down time. Thanks for the pix HB, looking forward to seeing the Hula Girls (in person) again soon!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 3:32 pm   Permalink

What a great time at Don the Beachcomber, last night!! Thanks to everyone who came out and drank and bopped with us! Hopefully we can do that again, down the line!!

The 'new guy on bass' is Mr. Christian Kessler. He's played with Vikki Taffoya and The Big Beat as well as with Devil Doll. I didn't know when to mention this, but Lucas Vigor as decided to part ways with The Hula Girls. It was on his terms and just a matter of time commitment for him. He wanted to focus more time on his jazz band and The Menehunes. It was a totally amicable split and he's still buddies with the band. And in fact, he's coming back to play a show with us on the 29th at the Tiki Bar. So there's the story. I'm sure he'll be filling in on any dates that Christian can't swing it.

Also, the posters from the show are now available at our web store! I think they are my favorite to date!
Limited edition, hand screened.... Two colors plus metallic gold! Take a look at 'em. Thanks!

...http://thehulagirls.bigcartel.com/product/hand-pulled-silk-screen-gig-poster-don-the-beachcomber

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 4:12 pm   Permalink

I really still feel part of the band. It's just that Christian has taken over as the primary bassist, with me as a secondary relief bassist.

Totally looking forward to the 29th. No matter who is playing bass, I absolutely guarantee a good time at all Hula Girls gigs! This band is bigger then just one person.....!!!

It's an idea and a concept, and it's the only Hulabilly band around!

However, Spike was wrong about one thing...there were some incidents at Tiki Oasis, involving sexual misconduct and harrasment...so when Spike claims we parted on friendly terms, he is lying through his teeth! Those guys gave me an ultimatum: Quit the band or we press charges!

The only one who backed me up was Gary Brandon! (He knows what's in my heart!)

The other guys accused me of acts so heinous, that decorum does not allow me to mention them on this forum. Suffice it to say, it involved salad dressing, a large turky baster, the 8th floor, and some small animals whose legal status in North America is questionable (without a license)...

Oh, and dudes from Thee Swank Bastards were THERE!!!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-19 4:22 pm   Permalink

Sounds like the Hula Girls know how to party like Frat Boys.

Jeff(btd)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation