FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki No, North Hollywood, CA (bar)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki No, North Hollywood, CA (bar)
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 4:24 pm   Permalink

Name:Tiki No
Type:bar
Street:4657 Lankershim Blvd.
City:North Hollywood
State:CA
Zip:91602-1801
Phone:

Description:
A new Tiki Bar located just north of Universal Studios. A mixture of vintage Tiki drinks and original creations. Beautiful interior done by Bamboo Ben. Large tiki posts. Nice lava rock indoor/outdoor fireplace.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 4:34 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-18 4:36 pm   Permalink

I like it !!!

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 4:46 pm   Permalink

Liking' the interior too, but...

...the menus scream to be "tikified"

I'm up to the challenge if somebody can introduce me to the management for approval! G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 4:54 pm   Permalink

Scott I saw you were there. I would like to hear what drinks you had and how they were if you could be so kind.

Interior looks awesome and the bar looks pretty big too which is always a plus.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-18 5:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks for starting the post Scott!
I will post additional pix soon, but after Tonga Hut and Tiki No last night, I'm still in recovery mode.

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 5:55 pm   Permalink

tiki yes!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 6:23 pm   Permalink

I had the Zombie, a Mai Tai and a Blue Hawaii. Both the Mai Tai and the Zombie were served in a tiki mug, which was quite nice. The Mai Tai was the classic Trader Vic's recipe and was quite good. (I'm told that it will be $5 every night of the week!).

The Blue Hawaii was actually the best Blue Hawaii I've ever had. I'm not a big fan of that drink, but this one was really good.

The Zombie was the only questionable drink. It didn't taste quite like a Zombie, though I couldn't put my finger on what was amiss. They were really open to feedback about the cocktails, so they keep tweaking their recipe throughout the evening. I tasted one that Sherryaki had ordered later on and it was much better.

Of their original creations...I tried Sherriyaki's cocktail called Cat Nip, and Tonga Tom's drink, The All Black and both were good. I also tasted a drink called Rum Pot that Marty Lush ordered that I liked...but I shall let them tell you about their drinks.

I feel fairly positive about this new tiki destination. They really want to make sure the classic drinks are right and their originals are tasty. Both Josh and Joey were very welcoming and were very interested in our feedback. Full of the Aloha spirit.

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 6:33 pm   Permalink

Does anybody know their hours of operation?!?!

Or a phone number to call to find out the hours and other pertinent information?

Clicking on the link to the website takes you to some film company's site.

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-10-18 6:43 pm   Permalink

They are not open yet, Tobunga.

GROG give it two semi-opposable thumbs up. Never seen so much bamboo used in one place! Good use of space. Nice vibe. Drinks were good. Enjoyable music, too. Bartenders Josh, and Joey were attentive, open to suggestions, and very amiable.

GROG have Blue Hawaiian--GROG like.

Tasted other people's drinks. Liked the Rum Pot, Allblack, KBC. Liked the Zombie that Sherriyaki had. Don't remember if GROG taste Catnip. Didn't care for the Noho GROG.

It's still not finished. The stuff behind the bartenders was just put up on the walls for a private party the day before, just so they'd have something up on the walls. The two sided fireplace is nice, and there's a nice smoking area.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-10-19 00:02 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 7:27 pm   Permalink

Tonga Tom

Posted: 2010-10-18 8:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the call last night Scott! To reiterate what Joe Banks and GROG have said, the interior of this place looks great, and the drinks are pretty darn good too! The only thing North Hollywood needs now is a shuttle that goes between Tonga Hut and Tiki No. These photos should give you a good feel for this bar, and the fun time we had last night.

Here's a slightly more legible shot of the menu...there's also a list of drinks on the back cover as well. I think they're all blended, and the two I tried were my least favorite. Most of what I tried on the inside was pretty tasty stuff though.

This way to the bathroom...

You've got to know what time it is!

Here's the smoking patio, but they still need ashtrays

"I am the God of all Hell Fire!"

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-18 8:41 pm   Permalink

Wow....this place looks great ! Another Bamboo Ben classic.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-18 9:01 pm   Permalink

Good to hear the cocktails are on point overall--thanks for the reply Scott.

The place looks really awesome. I wish it much success and hope to make it down there to check it out for myself

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mekalekahaimekahainiho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-18 10:26 pm   Permalink

...and I bring you.....Awesome! I'm totally using this for my facebook profile pic!
Quote:

"I am the God of all Hell Fire!"

View Profile of Mekalekahaimekahainiho Send a personal message to Mekalekahaimekahainiho      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation