FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki No, North Hollywood, CA (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Tiki No, North Hollywood, CA (bar)
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-15 09:35 am   Permalink

They open at 4pm on weekdays....6pm on weekends.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 08:53 am   Permalink

A belated thank you to Joe. We went to Tiki No on Saturday night and had a great time. Very cool place, and excellent drinks. The Aloha Fridays food truck out front was an added bonus! Great teriaki chicken and shrimp plates.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 1:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-01 12:48, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
It looks like they might have gotten hold of the old sign from the Islander in Grimes?

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=10445&forum=2

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2010-11-01 12:51 ]

Nice urban archeology!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-01 3:29 pm   Permalink

I stopped by this place for a fill up of rum , had a Blue Hawaiian and it was just ok, my date had a a simple margarita(?) and she couldn't drink it so I tried it and yes it was confirmed this was the most awfull thing ever, dont know what it was that went wrong but it definatly went wrong ! lol
Other than that the place could not have looked better !It was actually kinda sad that the drinks weren't better ...I could see myself spending alot of time in there.
OH and the music was sh*t but after the so so drinks the music was not an issue we were on our way to the TONGA HUT.
So my review is this place could be it I mean "IT" with a couple simple changes ...a bartender that knows what they're doing and better music.
Oh and of coarse better mugs,swizzles and coasters for guests to raid and distribute around the TIKI loving world.

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-02 08:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-15 09:35, Joe Banks wrote:
They open at 4pm on weekdays....6pm on weekends.

Tiki No now opens at 5 pm daily, with Happy Hour 5-7 daily.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-02 08:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-21 13:11, WooHooWahine wrote:

The decor is spectacular, and it glows with the illumination from the Puffer-fish floats.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-02 7:23 pm   Permalink

still haven't been to this place.
don't even think about it, until this thread is bumped.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Weke

Posted: 2013-03-13 4:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-01 15:29, TIKIVILLE wrote:
I stopped by this place for a fill up of rum , had a Blue Hawaiian and it was just ok, my date had a a simple margarita(?) and she couldn't drink it so I tried it and yes it was confirmed this was the most awfull thing ever, dont know what it was that went wrong but it definatly went wrong ! lol
Other than that the place could not have looked better !It was actually kinda sad that the drinks weren't better ...I could see myself spending alot of time in there.
OH and the music was sh*t but after the so so drinks the music was not an issue we were on our way to the TONGA HUT.
So my review is this place could be it I mean "IT" with a couple simple changes ...a bartender that knows what they're doing and better music.
Oh and of coarse better mugs,swizzles and coasters for guests to raid and distribute around the TIKI loving world.

I visit this place once a year, hoping that it will get better but it hasn't. Most of the drinks were disappointing as well as the bartenders attitude. And we were the only group in the place on an early Saturday evening so there wasn't any rushing or crowd to deal with. Unfortunate, since its walkable from where I live.
It is worth checking out for the design and decor alone. That, they did very right. The fire place that joins the patio to the bar is fantastic.

View Profile of White Weke Send a personal message to White Weke      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation