Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Mai Kai; Very Short Trip,
Mai Kai; Very Short Trip,
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-21 3:19 pm   Permalink

I will be making a business trip to Miami Lakes (Don Shula's Resort) 11-7 to 11-10. Monday thru Wednesday is all business. I land at Ft.Lauderdale airport at 6pm Sunday night. Can I pick-up my rental car, drive to Miami Lakes, ckeck in at hotel, & drive back to the Mai Kai in time for a drink or two in the bar? How late does the bar stay open on Sunday? I'm sure dinner is out. I'd hate fly all the way from Calif. & be so close not to at least have a drink & see the place. Any info would be great. Any locals up for a drink?

Thanks, Mike

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-21 3:39 pm   Permalink

stay another day.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-21 3:43 pm   Permalink

if driving - go to Mai Kai first? - you'll be pretty close. In stead of 3 way trip. Just call the hotel to confirm reservation?

Note - Drinking and driving can be bad

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-21 6:15 pm   Permalink

Arrange for Late Check-in at the Hotel.

Even with minimal traffic, Miami Lakes is a good 30 minutes from the Mai Kai. The airport, however, is about 10 minutes away.

The bar stays open until the crowd is gone. Sometimes as early as 9, sometimes as late as 1. And it is not yet Tourist Season so the crowds are on the smaller side meaning the bar will close earlier. Thus, go to the Mai Kai, then go to the hotel.

And go Sunday. The Mai Kai is closed on Mondays (for the summer at least). At the very least, call ahead first.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation