FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Favorite Classic Bar Names
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Favorite Classic Bar Names
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 5:28 pm   Permalink

The Farmer's Daughter
Tap & Bottle Beer

a long gone bar in Long Beach, CA

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-16 5:49 pm   Permalink

The Frolic Room
Hollywood, CA

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 03:07 am   Permalink

There's a bar called "The Fling" in Santa Ana or Orange CA. Great name, freaky fun, hole-in-the-wall. This is, hands down, the cheesiest bar ever! All red, nudie paintings, smoke, old waitress, cheese ball cover bands or Elvis, makeshift dancefloor with big haired ladies gettin' down! A must for people watchers, crowd ranges from 21-90.

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Monitors
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 03:16 am   Permalink

There's a strip bar in East LA called, "The Office" I guess you're not lying to your wife if you say that you're at the office.

View Profile of The Monitors Send a personal message to The Monitors  Email The Monitors     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 08:23 am   Permalink

I forgot to mention a bar called "The Betty Ford Clinic" in Toronto - but Betty Ford's people told them to cease and desist, so now it's just 'Betty's'.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 10:11 am   Permalink

"Come Clean" was a turn of the century nightclub in New Orleans.

I like the name but, better yet, Buddy Bolden supposedly played there. I'd do anything short of sell my soul to Satan to have seen it.

Better go, I hear a funny scratching noise under the floorboards.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 11:06 am   Permalink

Well, I know cause I used to live in the area , but you have the Boom Boom Room and Woody's.......both gay bars. This isn't a bar but I've run across this motel name in two different states, "The No Tel Motel" .

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 11:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

thechikitiki wrote:
This isn't a bar but I've run across this motel name in two different states, "The No Tel Motel".

I bet they don't have a daily rate available...only an hourly rate.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 5:36 pm   Permalink

I stayed at the Tiki Motel in Tucson this last winter and a half block away there was a No Tel Motel. If the Tiki Motel was sold out, I was going to stay at the No Tel because who in their right mind wouldn't want to stay at a No Tel if they had a chance!!---Mr Smiley (alias Bruce Allsleazy)
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-17 10:45 pm   Permalink

The Little Shrimp...Laguna.
Fannie Anns...Sacto.
Potlatch Tavern...Seattle.
Bong's Bar...H.B.
Zebra Lounge...Chicago.
Turks...Dana Pt.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 03:14 am   Permalink

the Pandemonium - Long Beach, CA
The Humdinger - Orange, CA
the Singing Sinners - Chula Vista, CA
Shipwreck Joey's - Wilmington, CA
the Underground - Chicago, IL

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 09:59 am   Permalink

The Sweetwater -Long Beach CA

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 12:47 am   Permalink

weirduncletiki - I know I've been to the Frolic Rm before. Is that on Sunset or Santa Monica...I've got a bad case of CRS (can't remember shit). All I remember is they had good drinks and jukebox.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 01:40 am   Permalink

Hello! I think the Frolic Room's on Hollywood Blvd, right by the Pantages Theatre.

--Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-05-19 10:58 am   Permalink

The Store. (as in I'm going to)

and

The Doghouse.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation