FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » The Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn, Glasgow, UK (bar)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn, Glasgow, UK (bar)
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-23 8:18 pm   Permalink

Name:The Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn
Type:bar
Street:214 Bath Street
City:Glasgow
State:
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
The first Scottish Tiki bar since the Ayr Beachcomber closed.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
disco_tikibar

Posted: 2010-10-25 04:50 am   Permalink

Good People!

As posted Tiki returns to Scotland in the form of Tiki Bar and Kitsch Inn on Glasgow's Bath St.

The bar is still coming together and we are hopefull of an opening date sometime in November.

Join us on facebook and send us any suggestions that you may have.

http://www.tikibarglasgow.com/

Hope to see you here soon!

Mahalo

View Profile of disco_tikibar Send a personal message to disco_tikibar  Email disco_tikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cathuna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-02 12:38 pm   Permalink

Oh wow, awesome news indeed! Can't wait - I just yelled the house down to tell my husband! Also told him to add youse on facebook as I don't use it.

Just booked a trip to Southern California next Feb, thinking this would be our next tiki happening. Wow - we can have tiki all the time now - very happy!

See you when you're open!

View Profile of cathuna Send a personal message to cathuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cathuna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-10 10:53 am   Permalink

I walked by today while in Glasgow for a meeting - spotted the moai in the window! Hope you are opening soon

View Profile of cathuna Send a personal message to cathuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-11 02:14 am   Permalink

Very cool, I'm going to Glasgow for new year's eve. I hope it's gonna be open then !

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-11 02:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-25 04:50, disco_tikibar wrote:
Join us on facebook and send us any suggestions that you may have.

Suggestions : Good drinks from the Beachbum Berry's books ! Please !

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Jerome

Posted: 2010-11-15 3:08 pm   Permalink

Should be open in the next week or so. Great to have such a positive response from Tiki Central and the Glasvegas public. Big thanks to Atomic Tony for being such a great Consultantiki or the last year or so.

info@tikibarglasgow for any specifics. If anyone knows a local polynesian dance troupe let us know! Or even a Tiki minded burlesque act.

Love from Ian (owner, labourer, painter, zombie)

View Profile of Tiki Jerome Send a personal message to Tiki Jerome  Email Tiki Jerome Goto the website of Tiki Jerome     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cathuna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-27 03:40 am   Permalink

Big thumbs up from husband & I for the Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn. The opening night was great - the decor, drinks and music were brilliant and the staff were super nice. This will be a regular haunt for us - we'll probably be in every time we're in Glasgow!

Next time we'll try the Glasvegas bowl with Irn Bru syrup

virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-10 01:25 am   Permalink

we were there the 2nd of january. We were the only customers, but after the new years eve, everything was empty (still, it felt weird).
The place is nice, great retro music, but the drinks were very poor, too bad (great mug service though, and the virgin drink was great).
The restaurant above was closed but looked really nice, with 2 Tretchikoff.
I took some pictures.

cathuna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-17 08:41 am   Permalink

This lovely bar now has its own mugs, made in Glasgow! They are fabulous. Bowl and mug that contained my Pi Yi below:

tallcmp

Posted: 2011-11-18 3:02 pm   Permalink

Can't believe it's taken me a year to discover we had a Tiki bar back in Scotland!!

Went last night for the first time. Excellent Mai Tai and one of their own creations, the Rum Bongo - and bought the mug. Adding a Tiki mug that says 'Made in Glasgow' on the bottom to my collection was something special.

A quiet night in the bar, but it has a great vibe and a great team - thanks guys! Will try to make it back for the 1st Birthday bash on Nov 30th.

View Profile of tallcmp Send a personal message to tallcmp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cathuna
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-11-19 1:43 pm   Permalink

I'd love to make it for the first birthday bash but we are now in tiki-bar-less Brisbane, Australia! We'll raise a homemade mai tai in celebration anyway - once we've got over the shock of paying $18 for Monin syrups p.

atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-12 05:22 am   Permalink

Simon Difford has given them a good write up in Class magazine..

Quote:

A resident tiki god stands with his hands cupped comfortably over his belly, surveying this dimly lit basement room, which comes complete with cane chairs, matting covered walls, hurricane lamps and table football. He rightly looks a contented deity.

Rolled up parchment-style, the cocktail menu lists tiki staples such as the Mai Tai (which is well executed), Zombie, Missionary's Downfall and the Piña Colada. Among the other drinks, some will recognise the Coconut Grenade, borrowed from London's Mahiki, and the Blingin' Berry Champagne Punch, which serves four or more and comes loaded with a full bottle of Champagne, vodka, citrus juices and berries.

Food comes from the Thai "Kitch Inn" above which knocks out tasty snacks and dishes. Your bartender will also dispense popcorn from the cinema-like glass cabinet at mounted at the end of the bar counter. Despite this being a basement bar, well at least below ground level, smokers and lovers of alfresco are cratered for with plentiful outside space. 4/5

Words by: Simon Difford 6 Dec 2011

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-03 03:09 am   Permalink

Congratulation to the Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn on winning Scotland's Cocktail Bar of the Year 2012 at the The Scottish Entertainment Guide Awards.

pa'akiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-03 07:15 am   Permalink

Very cool, I will be in glasgow later this year and looking forward to tasting all the cocktails. It will be fun to introduce all my friends and family in Glasgow to a Tiki bar in their City.

View Profile of pa'akiki Send a personal message to pa'akiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation