FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Suggestions for what tiki drink I could order at local bar with great tender/great selection?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Suggestions for what tiki drink I could order at local bar with great tender/great selection?
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 12:43 am   Permalink

Can the Navy Grog be shaken instead?

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 05:54 am   Permalink

So far, my list to bring to Murray includes the absolutely necessary Mai Tai and two Zombie recipes, Navy Grog, Queen's Park Swizzle, Dr. Funk (TV's 1947 guide), TV's Gun Club Punch (two variants), Vic's and Ramos/Edna Earle's Fogcutters, the Painkiller and the Black Stripe. I always finish a TV's visit with the Black Stripe, and I really need a bar here that'll serve it.

Also: I've seen Scarlet Ibis mentioned here. Is it something unusual? Zig Zag lists it on their Captain's List.

[ This Message was edited by: TorchGuy 2010-10-27 07:54 ]

View Profile of TorchGuy Send a personal message to TorchGuy  Email TorchGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 8:03 pm   Permalink

You can shake a Navy Grog, as long as you are using the honey/water mixture and not pure honey. Pure honey has to be blended in order to incorporate it into a cocktail (it just glops up in the botton of a shaker).

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 05:37 am   Permalink

Will try to keep up with the thread, but I'm off to LA for a week and may not have much time to check. Unfortunately, I don't think visiting the Tonga Hut or Tiki-Ti is in my very tight budget. Driving back to Disneyland to see the new fountain show (my other passion) and most of my funds went into the extremely high gate fees. Don't get down to LA much, so maybe I'll brave Tiki-Ti's lines just for a look inside, considering the place is, or so I'm told, justly famous.

TorchGuy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-12 6:09 pm   Permalink

Didn't hit any tiki in LA save for Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room (which has some great Walt Disney sparkle about it). I DID return to Zig Zag last night, and passed Murray the list of recipes I'd compiled - thank you to everyone who assisted me with this! He ended up making me the following Zombie:

1 1/4oz. Puerto Rican gold rum
1oz. Jamaican dark rum
1oz. Demerara 151/overproof rum
3/4oz. Maraschino liqueur
1 1/2oz. pineapple juice
3/4oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2oz. grapefruit juice
1/4oz. grenadine
1/4oz. falernum
6 drops Pernod
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Fantastic mix I'll be ordering again. Next time I'll ask him to make me a Mai Tai, and see what comes up. He recognized the Queen's Park Swizzle and called it a "classic drink". I brought him a mini of a moonshine liqueur called Catdaddy, and he also mixed with this; I've brought him samples of my vintage stock before (1970s yellow Chartreuse and Benedictine and Cherry Marnier) for him to mix with; he made drinks for me and others with those.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation