FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cursed tikis set 2... Joe Strummer!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Cursed tikis set 2... Joe Strummer!!!!
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 8:16 pm   Permalink

I think I'll make a Sven Mr Potato Head mug next )

View Profile of The Witch Doctor Send a personal message to The Witch Doctor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 8:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-26 20:24, The Witch Doctor wrote:
....i might just do a set of Punk rock hero's!!!! Joey, Sid , Joe and ??????

You guys... Darby should have been the first Punk icon immortalized in ceramic !!

Also I can't believe the Bigbro called Leleliz "babe". I would be scared. Didn't she use to play professional roller derby ??

And while we're on the subject of realistic Tiki mugs, I'm still waiting for my Pam Grier Afro-Velvet mug.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-10-28 07:55 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 8:26 pm   Permalink

Integrity vs second handers.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 8:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-27 20:23, JOHN-O wrote:

Also I can't believe the Bigbro called Leleliz "babe".

**SHUDDER**

Witch Doctor since this is your thread showcasing your art --but unfortunately Sven had to go spouting off AGAIN as per usual - I forgot to say that making a mug for your friend is a pretty awesome idea.

Cograts on all the presales of this Joe Strummer mug too!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 9:35 pm   Permalink

yea thanks to everyone!!!! a guy in England order 50 mugs woo- hooo..

and also this is still fun after two days

REALLY thanks to all who support me, and all that don't well....If your not now, you never were

should have more pictures up this weekend..

mixing glazes tonight as well..

View Profile of The Witch Doctor Send a personal message to The Witch Doctor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 06:29 am   Permalink

Really like your work...keep it up!

Time to dust off this old thread and pose the question yet once again...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25756&forum=1&142

Are you?

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-27 18:59, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
I'll be happy to back Liz up.
whatever you do, do not question bigbros opinions. You run the risk of being subjected to him quoting himself endlessly: "(I defined the term tiki", "I wrote the book", "souless hacks of wood"....blah blah blah.
yeah we get it already.
instead of saying "gee, maybe I was out of line, sorry", it's always some long winded(hot air)explanation of why you were correct in the first place.
yeesh, what an ego

I did not say I was out of line, because I didn't think I was. I did however concede that I could have preceded my initial, brief but honest post with more positivist comments and balanced it out that way.

Well, I realize that some here might feel that I am stating the above constantly, but that seems to be a very subjective view. If you would objectively compare how many times I actually said any of the above to how many thousands of constructive, informative posts I have contributed here, I believe percentage-wise I will not look quite so egocentric. For example, I did not say any of this in any of my posts in this thread. The problem seems to be that to some here it SEEMS that way, and they read this into many of my posts, because I am authoritative about my subject.

This might be because A.) I post a lot, and B.) I do this with conviction, based on my experience and understanding of Tiki. And I criticize on the same level. Some folks might want his forum to be an all-around, back-slapping love fest, and when it isn't, get upset. I am sorry. I cannot abide. If I would be worried about that, I could do like Jeff Berry does, and not post at all, and -Voila!- I would be held in highest esteem by even the most critique/ego-sensitive reader, like Jeff is. But kids, believe me, you do not know what he really thinks.

Luckily others here seem to actually read and UNDERSTAND my posts at face value, and either think I might have a point, or disagree based on their own personal conviction about a subject - which they hopefully back up with intelligent arguments, and not insults based on some personal filters and buttons being pushed.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2010-10-28 10:04 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 7:51 pm   Permalink

so are we still talking about my mugs?.....

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 10:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-28 19:51, The Witch Doctor wrote:
so are we still talking about my mugs?.....

Yes! And nice ones they be! Keep it up.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 11:00 am   Permalink

bigro, haven't seen an example of the no true scotsman fallacy in a while!

well said, squid.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 3:48 pm   Permalink

Ha, had to look that up, but could not find a section in my musings where it applies. But with that, I am in good company here, most of the time people don't really care to understand each other's point of view, they have theirs pre-set, and that's it. But yes, please, enough of all that.

Dear Dr., I apologize feeling compelled to explain myself in length, in no way did I wanna squelch your thread! And, as I said before, your mugs shown here are fine works indeed- even if the Hawaiian Eye mug was announced by Kevin Kidney before. But since he has not come forth with it (due to his heavy other work load) for quite some time now, it is understandable that someone does their own version, I am judgement-free on that. This is not a snide, I mean it. I didn't even mind the Joe Strummer mug, it was only the idea of a whole LINE of Punk Star Portrait mugs that scared me.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 4:43 pm   Permalink

I missed when you did the Hawaiian Eye mugs, would of liked one also.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 8:40 pm   Permalink

Hey no worries.. Cant break my bank!!! Sven you have earned your right to bitch, cross talk, or complain no one can take that from you. As offend me?.. I have just as much fun ,making fun on myself.

I will be doing a limited run of 12 more of the Hawaiian eye mug in a different glaze to those who missed the first round. as for who was first with the idea, well lets just say there is room for all

Remember "Cursed Tikis" is my own Company, Just me and one other person, we hand pour, Hand glaze, and take a lot of care. We don't have 100 Mexicans in a shack , or some Under age sweat shop in China cranking out 200 + a day for a bowl of banana's

made in America by Americans!!!!!

Monday stay tuned. I will have new photos and updates on delivery times

ALL 7 OF MY NEW MUGS WILL BE READY BY DECEMBER.
a few have asked about my first set..

I might make 12 of each with a special glaze just in time for X-Mas

and maybe even my Johnny Cash mug.....hahahahahha (just for Sven heheheh)

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 10:06 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see what the first run glaze looks like on the Hawaiian Eye mug CJ !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-01 06:03 am   Permalink

wow did we do that? the tiki gods are angry

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation