Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Leftover Punch
Leftover Punch
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 1:49 pm   Permalink

You know how when you have parties and people come and bring you liquor that you don't normally use and it sits around. Well, we're having a Halloween party and I came up with the brilliant idea of combining it all together into a punch. Anyone see any issues (blindness, poisoning, etc.) with me whipping these together?:

* Shasta Tiki Punch - 2 liters
* Capt. Morgan Rum - 1.75 liters
* Potter's Triple Sec - 750 ml
* DeKuyper's Pucker Sour Apple - 750 ml

I figured mix it up, add maybe add some other fruit juices (pineapple? cranberry?), put it in a big jug and name it "Bucket of Blood Punch". Most people I figure don't know a decent cocktail if they met one, and in the process I can rid myself of bottles taking up space.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 5:13 pm   Permalink

Dunno that I'd use the Sour Apple...

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 11:55 pm   Permalink

yeah, you're probably right.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 02:31 am   Permalink

Maybe work out the ratios of what you have mentioned to make a few single drinks and try it with different combinations of juices till you get something that works. Otherwise, your guests aren't paying for the drinks so, tough luck, ya get what ya given.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 1:56 pm   Permalink

That's the spirit (literally). I'm guessing it will be a bit on the sweet side so will probably add a good bit of lime juice to even it out.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation