FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sabu has a birthday!
Sabu has a birthday!
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 02:16 am   Permalink

Some of us went out to Sam's tonight for Sabu's __th birthday and it was a blast! Sam's treated us great as always. I just got home about an hour ago and after alot of booze and four tacos, I'm ready for some sleep. It was good seeing everyone again so soon.

A very special thanks to Bax and Sarah for the ride home. You are truely great Americans.

Hopefully some pictures will surface from this event. Happy birthday Tim!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-05-18 02:17 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 04:40 am   Permalink

Oh Yeah!

Woohoo! Just got home 10 minutes ago! It's 3:30 a.m., and we closed Sam's Seafood down, and then headed over to The Harbor House Cafe across the street. Great fun, good times, good drinks, good food.

Good Night!

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 11:55 am   Permalink

Hey ya SCD,
Sounds like a good time was had by all:

The Harbor House Cafe across the street

I'm telling you, the people here sure do bring back some memories for me with their posts. A few days ago it was Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral and now the Harbor House. That place was my home away from home for many years, even after I moved out of HB for college and my folks headed to AZ.

Seafood combo and lemonade, please

Misty water-colored memories,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 2:17 pm   Permalink

Here's some photos from the Sam's Seafood get together.
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33f3c40c457

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 12:05 pm   Permalink

happy B-day brah! and plenny tanks fo da offer on da ride from da airport!!! I owe you a drink.

alohaz

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 12:34 pm   Permalink

Is that "Little Bunny Fu-Fu"?
No, that's just Doctor Z's fingers above Sabu's head...

Sabu inspecting the hind-quarters of the custom carved Oceanic Arts Suffering Bastard autographed by Leroy himself. Notice the 'evil-eye' on Spike.

How about another drink ladies?

No explanation needed...

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-19 4:50 pm   Permalink

Thankyou Everybody for coming out to Sam's and surprising me on my birthday. I was completely clueless and dumbfounded to see so many of my Tiki Central friends firmly ensconced with drinks in hands as Tikibelle and I arrived at nine. And then more and more of you kept arriving. And to think that a year ago I didn't know any of you, (except for Doctor Z and Z-Girl)

Which brings me to saying thanks to Doctor Z and Z-Girl and my darling Tikibelle for arranging this great surprise party for me at one of my favorite tiki bars. Thanks to Crazy Al for dj-ing and playing all the great surf music. Thanks to Trader Pup for bringing his postcards along, and thanks to everybody for the nice gifts! (I'll try not to drink them all this week).

Sorry I couldn't stay for breakfast at the Harbor House, but your plans for my best birthday present of all, (getting my girlfriend drunk), backfired somewhat and I needed to get my overly-sedated Tikibelle home and tucked into bed. But thanks again for making this one of the best birthdays ever. I had an absolutely fantastic time.

Sabu

P.S. - And I can't believe that Crazy Al never mentioned that Turc's across the street was an old-school tiki bar in its own right. He's known for years, and I would have never guessed it from the outside.

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2003-05-19 16:53 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 11:23 am   Permalink

Sabu, happy belated birthday. Sorry we missed this celebration. You know you are my boy!You old fart.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 09:34 am   Permalink

Happy Post B-Day Sabu. The outside of Turks is Bamboo, you can't miss it. (under all the ivy!) LeRoy pounded the nails himself.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibelle
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-22 7:39 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to thank all of you for making Sabu's birthday such a blast. I appreciate all the effort all of you put in to make it great, even if I was worshiping the tolit god later that evening. Poor Sabu! he didn't get the ride home he was expecting. See you all next tiki!

Love Always,
Tikibelle

.:* _.*._ *:.
.:*`*:.*. .* .:**:.
.:*

View Profile of Tikibelle Send a personal message to Tikibelle  Email Tikibelle Goto the website of Tikibelle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 7:46 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday, Sabu.
Happy Birthday, Sabu.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Coconut Boy.
Happy Birthday, Sabuuuuuu!
(sing in your best Marilyn Monroe voice)

Sorry we missed your party. Got drunk at a grad party the same night and passed out a 9:00. Damn, we're gettin' old!

STEN

Show Me The Moai!

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-05-22 19:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-05-22 20:02 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 9:56 pm   Permalink

Turc's . sorry for the (sp?) Drove by today and went, DOH!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation