FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Every First Thursday Otto's Grotto @ FI
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Every First Thursday Otto's Grotto @ FI
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-02 12:56 am   Permalink

As of January 2014 - Otto's Grotto is moved to first Thursday

Which means it's time for another Otto's Grotto at Forbidden Island
8 pm - closing (usually midnight but could be later if you're still drinking!)
http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com/

Brother Cleve's visit conjured up more Now Sound Easy Listening than Exotica and I'm gonna continue with that this week

and of course cocktails by the lovely Suzanne
http://rumnpineapple.blogspot.com/2010/01/press-release-black-orchid-sessions.html

[ This Message was edited by: Otto 2014-01-20 10:28 ]

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
retrodiva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-02 11:46 am   Permalink

I'm very excited that I too will be working this Wednesday at Forbidden Island. I miss serving y'all at Otto's Grotto! This is just a guest appearance though. As I will be back to my normal schedule as of next week. )

View Profile of retrodiva Send a personal message to retrodiva  Goto the website of retrodiva ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-03 7:09 pm   Permalink

I'll be premiering the new Johnny Aloha Tiki Lounge Cd that I just got in the mail today sent overnight from Richard Cheese's label

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 03:56 am   Permalink

Good times tonight! And that Johnny Aloha CD is better than I expected! Gonna buy myself a copy.

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-25 09:16 am   Permalink

Dec 1 is a Wednesday and the LAST Otto's Grotto of the year
Expect new music from Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica big band, Johnny Aloha, Tiki Joe's Ocean, and Tikiyaki Orchestra, as well as WAITIKI, Skip Heller and the usual Hawaiian/Exotica and how could I resist throwing in a few Christmas tunes.

And of course, cocktail concoctions by Suzanne!

This Wed, Dec 1st @ Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge, Alameda
8 - midnight
FREE
http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com/

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-01 7:03 pm   Permalink

Last Otto,s Grotto of the year tonight 8 - midnight

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-01 10:10 pm   Permalink

OK, Let's try this again. Exotica music is alive an kickin it. But you gotta come out to support it if it is going to survive.

DJ Mermaid - Lounging in Otto's Grotto at Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge
Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 7pm - closing

DJ Mermaid brings her eclectic selection of loungeland sounds to Forbidden Island! From Esquivel to Lyman to Ferrante & Tiecher to early electronic music, Mermaid transports us to other shores, and even other worlds, while Otto takes a dive into the duality of Exotica vinyl and tropical cocktail drinking. Don't try this at home!

Admission: FREE

mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-02 5:54 pm   Permalink

I'll be there tonight!

Who's coming?

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-19 5:45 pm   Permalink

Hey gang! Come join me for a live performance black velvet painting at Otto's Grotto on Wednesday, March 2nd. Join me for a cocktail as I paint Tiki Bob hang'n ten on black velvet with an original MP carved frame.

Chill out with Otto's killer sounds and harass MP as I try and create a velvet masterpiece under menacing public scrutiny. LOL

The painting will be raffled off with 5 tickets for 5 bucks. I will start painting at 7 and
hope to finish around 11. So come out with a few extra bucks and steal this
painting.

Check back here for more Surfn Bob and frame updates getting ready for BIG WEDNESDAY!

Also check out Grogs awesome Tiki Bob art show comning up here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39043&forum=17&36

[ This Message was edited by: mp 2011-02-19 17:59 ]

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-23 12:33 am   Permalink

Here is a preview of the frame I carved for Surfing Bob.
Come by Otto's Grotto on march 2nd and win this live performance
black velvet painting. Raffle tickets will be 5 for 5 bucks
and I should be done at about 11 pm.

I also heard a rumor Rum Runner will be sitting in on Otto's set.
Should be groovy!!!

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-26 12:15 am   Permalink

Otto's Grotto is in fine form next Wednesday, March 2
with guest DJs Paul and Ken
It's Spies, Private Eyes, and Secret Agents as Paul & Ken spin soundtracks from ?

In honor of the return to earth by Man or Astroman? we will also explore their secret agent side
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MAN-OR-ASTRO-MAN-Official-Page/290477140142
http://www.astroman.com/
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=39164&forum=4&hilite=astroman

March 2, 8pm - midnight
Forbidden Island http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com/

Also (in case you hadn't noticed by the very large pictures in the posts above!) NorCal creative force to be reckoned with known simply as MP will be creating a live painting on velvet at Otto's Grotto night!

This will be the first of several live painting events held in conjunction with Otto's Grotto. Don't miss the first one!

tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-27 2:36 pm   Permalink

I will be at Forbidden Island this Wednesday for Ottos Grotto I'm on town for only a couple of days so drop in and say G'day

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 7:29 pm   Permalink

Awesome Marcus! Cant wait to meet you!

Heres the frame with stretched velvet
ready for Wednesday Night.

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 11:16 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-28 12:03 am   Permalink

Sounds fun! I'll be there with a crew.

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation