FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Every First Thursday Otto's Grotto @ FI
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Every First Thursday Otto's Grotto @ FI
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-06 01:27 am   Permalink

Here is a Kona style temple carving that I will be borrowing for tonights black velvet painting in Ottos Grotto at Forbidden Island Cocktail Lounge. This image is from the book Hawaiin Sculpture as most of you probably know.

And Here is a perfectly good thrift store frame I ruined for the occasion. Come join us for cocktails, the exotic sounds of DJ Otto and "Live" black velvet painting.

Come out and heckle MP as he tries to create a decent black velvet under the intense pressure and scrutiny in the Tiki Bars all seeing eye

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-06 5:55 pm   Permalink

And FREE Latin lps to the first 12 guests

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-01 8:40 pm   Permalink

YAY! It's the first Wednesday of the month in two days!

It's Otto's Grotto

That's right, time for more luscious Latin tunes by DJ Otto and delicious drinks by Suzanne!

Join us 8pm to closing (usually midnight)
At Forbidden Island

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-03 4:37 pm   Permalink

Tonight's the night! All the Otto, Herb Alpert tunes and delicious cocktails you can stand!

--Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-04 10:16 pm   Permalink

tomorrow night, Wed, Oct 5 - It's Otto's Grotto at Forbidden Island (again)

Tune in for lots of Exotica and Easy Listening
and
inhouse live Beatnik style painting from MP

I will also have Tiki Oasis 2012 calendar on sale

For those fortunate enough to stay til last call we will blast you with some Sonics in honor of Norton Records 25th Anniversary happening next month
http://www.nortonrecords.com/xxv.php

Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-05 01:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-06 01:27, mp wrote:

Here is a Kona style temple carving that I will be borrowing for tonights black velvet painting in Ottos Grotto at Forbidden Island Cocktail Lounge. This image is from the book Hawaiin Sculpture as most of you probably know.

And Here is a perfectly good thrift store frame I ruined for the occasion. Come join us for cocktails, the exotic sounds of DJ Otto and "Live" black velvet painting.

Come out and heckle MP as he tries to create a decent black velvet under the intense pressure and scrutiny in the Tiki Bars all seeing eye

Hmmm....that looks mighty familar!

Hey MP -just thought you might like to know that this is the first piece of art we have hung in the living room of our new home. My hubby Atomic Tiki Punk loves your work, and purchased this at the Tiki Highway event. It looks great next to the rock wall. Keep up the beautiful work!

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-01 6:39 pm   Permalink

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new month. You may be thinking of the holidays (that's good cause FI has holiday drinks), you might be recovering from Halloween (I recommend a Dark n Stormy. That Ginger brew will give your immune system a boost), or you might be thinking Movember (I know I am, check out my three-day old 'stache).

Whatever the case you probably need a good ok shot of Exotica laced with a little Spy Theme.

8pm til closing
Wed, Nov 2
Forbidden Island

mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-02 4:22 pm   Permalink

Im ready to throw down some paint tonight minus our scheduled guest Tweedlebop, aka Michael Fleming has had some dental surgery keeping him from the canvas tonight, but has promised a raincheck Hope to see ya out there tonight chiilin to Otto's latest wax and dont forget to heckle the resident artist try'n to make a decent velvet
Tonights subject pic is a sculpture of a Hawaiin war God made of feathers.
(Image stolen from the nets)

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-05 07:24 am   Permalink

Time for another Otto's Grotto
This month
check out Otto's new stickers on his DJ record box!!
Guest Spy Tunes from Paul Cramer (aka Rumrunner)
and live art creation by MP

8-midnight
Wed, Dec 7
Forbidden Island

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-03 11:31 pm   Permalink

Tonight, Wednesday, January 4
8-midnight
Forbidden Island
Join Otto, Baby Doe, Sister Sonia, Beat artist MP, bartender deluxe Suzanne and super SPY guest DJ Staccato, aka Scott Owen
http://www.tikinews.com/kahiki.html

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-28 11:37 pm   Permalink

You won't want to miss a single Otto's Grotto. So here are the dates for the rest of the year. anyone planning a trip to the Bay Area this year please plan accordingly so your trip coincides with one of these dates!

March 7
April 4
May 2
June 6
July 4
August 1
September 5
October 3
November 7
December 5

Do you dream of walking into a dimly lit, cool, thatched roof Tiki bar, with a little fountain in one corner, bamboo and Tikis everywhere, where guests are engaged in lively chatter while an artist toils away at a velvet painting creating art right before your eyes. As you finally adjust to this tranquil dreamlike setting, you notice the beautiful, authentic Exotica seeping through the speakers and engulfing the room like a warm offshore breeze. This is the paradise you have been looking for.

Welcome to Otto's Grotto. This once-a-month scene happens at Forbidden Island the first Wednesday of every month from 8 pm til closing.
Listen in each month for a preview of Tiki Oasis 12 Exotic Espionage theme music

Now you can also join in the "Classic Drink" drinking contest as you drink your way to Tiki Oasis. Every Wednesday Forbidden Island serves a different classic Trader Vic's, Don the Beachcomber, or similar era cocktail that is not already on the menu. Grab a drink card and check them off each week. The winner gets a trip to Tiki Oasis. More info TBA in a separate thread.

Spy Chief
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-24 1:16 pm   Permalink

We've just received intelligence that a counter agent will be present at Otto's Grotto next month. Patrons beware, it could also be a honeypot
An espionage expert from The City of Angels infiltrates Otto's Grotto
His name is Duke, Double Ought Duke, the one and only Duke of Spy and Secret Agent Music. 00D is thee most interesting Mixocologist (half musicologist/half DJ) in the WORLD! Duke will be visiting the Grotto on Wednesday, April 4th, with a dazzling International Spy and exotica set, sharing just a taste of what he will be presenting at Tiki Oasis 2012, a one-of-a kind symposium, “Come Spy with Me”. Duke will be bringing never heard before secret agent tunes and exotic music from Japan, Belgium, Louisiana, and all points east, west, north and south and maybe even from Tierra del Fuego. Tunes SO exquisite, you may think your drinks have never tasted so good…… Not to be missed! Duke says, “Keep your ears open, my friend.”

Wednesday, April 4, 8pm - midnight
Forbidden Island Tiki Lounge, Alameda, California

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeypots_in_espionage_fiction

[ This Message was edited by: Spy Chief 2012-03-24 13:17 ]

View Profile of Spy Chief Send a personal message to Spy Chief  Goto the website of Spy Chief     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-28 12:38 am   Permalink

tonight, Wed, Mar 28, I'll be at Forbidden Island for 20 Weeks of Tiki Drinks. It's not Otto's Grotto (that's next week) but who can resist the chance to win prizes for drinking classic Tiki Drinks!

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-02 10:11 pm   Permalink

Spy Chief, thanks for posting the imminent arrival of agent Duke. I also have it on Otto's Grotto's facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/117268495023038/

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-03 10:41 pm   Permalink

wish I could be there to hear all the great tunes.
and have a drink at FI,
its been to long since I have been there.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation