FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Every First Thursday Otto's Grotto @ FI
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Every First Thursday Otto's Grotto @ FI
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-04 7:21 pm   Permalink

Tonight 8-midnight. Agent 00 Duke brings the music from the secret world of spies to Forbidden Island. Be there to experience it while sampling FREE Mount Gay rum and tasting the latest vintage recipe from our "20 Weeks of Tiki Drinks" contest

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-06 01:07 am   Permalink

Agent 00 Duke downing the last of the Mount Gay Black 100 proof rum
so good you can drink it straight!!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-02 5:52 pm   Permalink

Otto's Grotto tonight 8-midnight

And continuation of 20 Weeks of Tiki Drinks

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-09 5:46 pm   Permalink

Tonight. Wednesday May 9. 20 Weeks of Tiki Drinks continues at Forbidden Island. Join me for a classic Don the Beachcomber drink not on the regular FI menu

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-09 5:47 pm   Permalink

Tonight. Wednesday May 9. 20 Weeks of Tiki Drinks continues at Forbidden Island. Join me for a classic Don the Beachcomber drink not on the regular FI menu

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-06 12:24 am   Permalink

Tonight, June 6
Join Otto and friends The Spy Guys Paul and Ken playing all CD spy music

Forbidden Island, 8-midnight.

Also, we are announcing the prizes for the final weeks of the "20 Weeks of Tiki Drinks" contest

Tonga-in-Chiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-07 08:24 am   Permalink

Otto, thanks for the great tunes last night. I had a great time chatting with you and Mai Tai after being away from the ohana for so many years. Looks like I'm going to have to start saving my clams for Oaisis!

See you next month!

Tonga

View Profile of Tonga-in-Chiki Send a personal message to Tonga-in-Chiki  Email Tonga-in-Chiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-24 9:41 pm   Permalink

NOTE: Next Otto's Grotto will be held on July 11 instead of July 4th!

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-25 2:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-24 21:41, Otto wrote:
NOTE: Next Otto's Grotto will be held on July 11 instead of July 4th!

For those of you who just MUST have their Spy Exotica on the first Wed of the month (aka July 4) I recommend you tune in to
DJ Lee Joseph's new internet radio show features Tiki Oasis alumni and prolific musician/composer Bob Drasnin

OVER UNDER SIDEWAYS DOWN
First and third Wednesdays, 3 PM - 5 PM Pacific
on
http://luxuriamusic.com/ Internet radio

Wed July 4: Voodoo!

The legendary Robert Drasnin joins me in-studio to discuss the making of his exotica classic, Voodoo, his exotica comeback album Voodoo II, his big band days, recordings with Red Norvo and his time working in television as composer of music for shows like "CBS Playhouse," "The Twilight Zone," "Mission: Impossible," "Wild, Wild West," "Hawaii Five-0," "Time Tunnel," "Lost In Space," "Mannix," "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." and "Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea." We will play some of his recordings, incidentals and his jazz favorites. Robert currently teaches music at UCLA.
http://www.robertdrasnin.net/

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-11 01:37 am   Permalink

TONIGHT, Wednesday, July 11, the return of Otto's Grotto at Forbidden Island!!
8-midnight
San Francisco's own Noir Jazz expert DJ Staccato will guest DJ with DJ Otto.

We continue the 20 Weeks of Tiki Drinks contest with crowd favorite "The Hawaiian Eye".
We will also announce the prizes for the 20 Weeks of Tiki Drinks contest.

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-11 6:59 pm   Permalink

everyone who drinks the special cocktail tonight gets free stickers!

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-11 7:37 pm   Permalink

Im effin drunk...i can kick ur arse w one finger...give me some stickers You bald tiki mofo!!! (And yes im drunk)

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-30 3:56 pm   Permalink

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 @ Forbidden Island
Otto's Grotto DJ night AND Tiki Oasis pre-party

The last Otto's Grotto before Tiki Oasis celebrates "Surfin' and Spyin'" with guest DJ Kapu Cabana (Randy Jensen)
We will get goin with Surf guitar renditions of Spy tunes, then we will give away grand prizes for the "20 Week of Tiki Drinks" contest that has been going on every Wednesday at Forbidden Island.

Grand prizes include airfare to San Diego, one night stay at Crowne Plaza, vintage Tiki Oasis Munktiki mugs, and more
http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com/

aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-31 1:22 pm   Permalink

Rare appearance by DJ Kapu Cabana. Previous appearances have met with overwhelming reviews such as...

• Sorry, I was sleeping then.

• Was someone playing music?

• Who's that?

• Does the name have something to do with Barry Manilow?

• I've never heard surf music played in the same set as a muppets song before!

Yes, come see that it can be done, and even with the spy theme. So if you like James Bond, Matt Helm, Derek Flint, Modesty Blaise, Dr. Jason Love, Honey West, Napoleon Solo, Rollin Hand, Emma Peel, Simon Templar, Peter Gunn, Maxwell Smart, or even Hubert Bonisseur de la Bath, there won't be any music related to them. Sorry.

No, just kidding, the sound will be spy. Come for the drinks, stay for the drinks (and tolerate the music)! Plus Otto's deejaying too!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 7:57 pm   Permalink

Wish I could be there,
missing it by a few days,
Damn!!
have a good gig Randy.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation