FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 5 on Saturday, Dec. 11. 2010
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland 5 on Saturday, Dec. 11. 2010
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-03 4:10 pm   Permalink

Please have the show.

Halloween weekend is a SUPER tough weekend to even plan a party since you are already competing with so many other events....also the fact that Halloween fell on a Sunday was a contributing problem. Your concept was a great one..if you have it next year it should be earlier in the month as like a kick off to Halloween.

I have seen the Wonderland thread before and it was successful-I think you dont need to stress just because this past event had a low turnout.

The Gilligan's Island weekend is a new/fun concept that will surely be the highlight of November.

I think you could expect the same of the Wonderland show in December. I know some NOrCal Ohana are talking about coming down for both events.

I hope you have it

**EDIT** yay you are throwing it! Happy to read this!

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2010-11-03 16:12 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-11-03 4:42 pm   Permalink

Yes, it is a go.

These events really help the Tonga Hut to survive and as a Tiki Community we should really strive to support our tiki bars.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-03 5:36 pm   Permalink

"These events really help the Tonga Hut to survive and as a Tiki Community we should really strive to support our tiki bars."

That is definitely always a big thumbs up Ernie! ~T

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-03 7:39 pm   Permalink

Jen and I want to personally say MAHALO to Grog for making shows like this possible.

Also big thanks to Hiphipahula and Tonga Hut for providing the base of operations.

I am very pleased to announce that I will finally be able to be a part of the Tiki Wonderland this year!

I am working on some very special keepsake pieces for this show.

Hand carved tiki ornaments for your tree and some other little surprises that will look great as part of your holiday decor.

If you've seen my Tiki Temple Collection... think scaled down a bit and done up in a holiday theme!

Maybe a sneak peak the week of, but for now I've got a lot of work to do!

I'm looking forward to seeing friends and fellow artists in December! Order up some sunny warm weather as we'd love to be able to leave the gloves and jackets at home!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-11-04 11:15 am   Permalink

Glad to have you as a part of the show. Your stuff is killer.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 11:37 am   Permalink

Grog, I think the key is to get the word out about this way beyond Tiki Central. Be obnoxious about it: Make a Facebook page, market it as flatly "a TIKI CHRISTMAS" (so EVERYbody out there gets it) and put eye candy fliers/cards all over town, at WACKO, on Vermont Ave, downtown, in Hollywood, and so on, to get those borderline Tiki likers into it. Who here can put it on the radio? Any other suggestions from folks here to spread the word?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 11:41 am   Permalink

I was just telling Kirby the exact same things last night.
You have to get the word out to more than just the TC people.

even only 10 percent or less of the So. Cal. tiki peeps will go.
so you have to publicize it to the masses.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 11:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-04 11:37, bigbrotiki wrote:
Grog, I think the key is to get the word out about this way beyond Tiki Central. Be obnoxious about it: Make a Facebook page, market it as flatly "a TIKI CHRISTMAS" (so EVERYbody out there gets it) and put eye candy fliers/cards all over town, at WACKO, on Vermont Ave, downtown, in Hollywood, and so on, to get those borderline Tiki likers into it. Who here can put it on the radio? Any other suggestions from folks here to spread the word?

like Sven said...
Make a FaceBook and MySpace Exhibition Page
maybe a temp website with all the art or something about each oif the artists
and e-mail blasts...make it viral...
There are plenty of folks in the community who could grab that e-mail
and throw it onto their e-mail lists....
Been doing ALL DIGITAL invites for the show on Saturday and it looks like there's gonna be an extraordinary amount of folks attending...
You'd be surprised....
TC Events thread could just be the start of the promotion...
and let it grow and evolve from there..you'll be surprised!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 11:48 am   Permalink

Saturday show? What show?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 12:07 pm   Permalink

see?
it works!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-04 12:23 pm   Permalink

Let me know if you want to do postcards or flyers to put around town...I work cheap!

[ This Message was edited by: Jason Wickedly 2010-11-04 12:23 ]

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-04 12:48 pm   Permalink

I concur with all the advice of everyone else.

Facebook and event posting sites like Eventbrite are key. The tiki community will support you when they can, but the key is to E X P A N D the Tiki community.
Bring more people in. Otherwise it's a club with the same members and no new blood.

Facebook is so important for these kinds of things. For those last few people who are facebook resistors (Ernie), you're doing yourself a disservice, ESPECIALLY if you are a person who puts on events. GET ON FACEBOOK !

Also, I will add, that, as much fun as it is to keep making different photoshop flyers with goofy stuff on them, a definitive branding, and eye catching event graphic is super important. Being subtle, understated and inside jokey just makes your 10 or 12 friends laugh, but means nothing to the people who aren't in on the joke. Like Sven said, make it in broad general terms as to lure in the people who are not part of the TC community.

Make a great flyer, and post it everywhere you can. Brand recognition is key. Also, start your advertising as far ahead as possible, and just saturate.

There ya go.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-11-04 12:56 pm   Permalink

Howabout this flier.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-11-04 13:21 ]

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-04 1:10 pm   Permalink

The Graphic is great....But........WHAT IS "TIKI WONDERLAND" ?

You need a descriptive tag line.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-11-04 1:16 pm   Permalink

GROG fix it later. Right now GROG gotta go finish this mold for the Tonga Hut Mug or we won't have any finished in time to debut at the show.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation