FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Judge's Beyond The Reef , Brookfield, WI (restaurant)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Judge's Beyond The Reef , Brookfield, WI (restaurant)
meega
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-22 08:17 am   Permalink

This Disney Hawaiian just turned up on ebay, and the similarity in design to the old Judge's Beyond the Reef Restaurant is a little more than coincidental. There's no date on the shirt, but Judge's opened in 1958. I don't know when their renovation took place, but I went there in '59 or '60 and it was completed.

Design copying apparently wasn't just the little fish copying the big fish....I'm sure someone at Disney thought "who'd notice this little out-of-the-way hula shack?"

The previous matchbook posting must have been from when the Judge's first bought the place, which was originally a country dance hall.....interesting.

I didn't notice until after I posted this that the two curved verticals between Mickey & Donald seem to be the two palms from the matchbook cover, but with the fronds cut off above the roof.

[ This Message was edited by: meega 2013-03-22 08:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: meega 2013-03-22 08:27 ]

View Profile of meega Send a personal message to meega  Email meega     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation