FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Thee Swank Bastards at Purple Orchid Saturday, Nov. 13
Thee Swank Bastards at Purple Orchid Saturday, Nov. 13
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-05 06:12 am   Permalink

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-05 9:10 pm   Permalink

oh my.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-08 1:54 pm   Permalink

this coming Sat.
who's in?

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-09 09:26 am   Permalink

The Swank Bastards from Las Vegas,
at the Purple Orchid, in El Segundo, Ca.
221 Richmond Street, El Segundo, CA 90245-3719
(310) 322-5829
10 pm to 1 am,

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-09 09:50 am   Permalink

Laura and I will be there !!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-09 10:15 am   Permalink

Hmmmm. So far everything BTD has recomended has been great. If I can get off work early, attending may be a possibility.

[ This Message was edited by: Chippy 2010-11-09 10:18 ]

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 10:36 pm   Permalink

why Thank you Chippy.

Jeff(btd)

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-10 11:02 pm   Permalink

Well, I missed hittin' the PO for Halloween & I missed TSB last time I was in Vegas, so I think I'll be there this weekend to make up for both of them. Probably drink twice as much, too...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-11 6:47 pm   Permalink

plus as opposed to their last performance at Don's(where Szandora wasn't allowed to take her top off).
I think that Dave and Rebeca almost demand it.

Jeff(btd)

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-12 8:54 pm   Permalink

manyana

Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-14 08:48 am   Permalink

I was able to make this show and once again BTD came pick the great shows.

Too bad the crowd was so diverse. From drunk college age kids yelling for 'Freebird' and the horny barflys staring and bumping into Szandora's hoop sometimes distracted from vibe. Perhaps I am getting old or it is just the frustrated musician in me that would like the crowd to sit back and enjoy the show an appriciate the scene. (Oh no, I am starting to rant.). But still a very good time.

I saw BTD there and Briana but I must apologize I did not get a chance to get over to say hello.

Thanks to TikiSkaBro and Miss A for the lift to the gig.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swangulo Tikis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-14 4:37 pm   Permalink

It was fun! But oh so crowded, and yes, it was a pretty diverse crowd.
Thee Swank Bastards always put on a GREAT show. My husband actually had the opportunity to play a show with one of his bands at the same time, and refused it because we didn't want to miss this.

Good to see you, bigtikidude!

~ Terra

View Profile of Swangulo Tikis Send a personal message to Swangulo Tikis  Goto the website of Swangulo Tikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-14 10:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-14 08:48, Chippy wrote:
Too bad the crowd was so diverse. From drunk college age kids yelling for 'Freebird'...

Sorry I missed this, especially since it was a show on my side of town for a change.

For a Surf Music show, you want a diverse crowd, especially one that's ordering booze. Based on talking to the bar staff at the Surf Guitar 101 Convention, hardcore Surf Music fans don't really drink alcohol (unless they're also Tikiphiles, who drink like fish). If only Surf Music fans showed up, there wouldn't be enough bar revenue to justify the cost of paying an out-of-town band.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation