Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
back yard tiki-hut bar
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-06 1:52 pm   Permalink

I am working on a do-it-yourself kit.......tiki-hut bar

still in the prototype stage so far

It is not that big....about 5' x 5'
Like I said, this is a prototype. I put the frame together by myself using about 20 or 30 3" screws
I'll post more pictures next week.

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-06 2:07 pm   Permalink

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-07 07:43 am   Permalink

Looks like a good start, are you planning to pre-fab the panels and flat pack for shipping?

Are you already in the construction business?

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-07 08:12 am   Permalink

I build roof trusses as a living.......so I have been thinking about this for awhile.
Yeah, the panels would be fre-fabricated. I am thinking that some TiKi lovers might like a skeleton of a hut that they can finish off themselves.
We'll see how this one turns out.

bahooka buck

Posted: 2010-11-07 1:12 pm   Permalink

can't wait to see the finish product lookin good!

View Profile of bahooka buck Send a personal message to bahooka buck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-09 10:58 am   Permalink

Thats amazing! I have an area by my pool where something like that would be great. Keep up the good work!

View Profile of Suicide Tiki Send a personal message to Suicide Tiki  Email Suicide Tiki Goto the website of Suicide Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-09 6:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks Suicide TiKi, I was thinking that it would work well by a pool. More progress pix by the weekend I hope.

skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-09 7:22 pm   Permalink

the ridge board

Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-10 3:19 pm   Permalink

Throw a door on the front of this and it sort of looks like the photo on the contents page of TIKI MODERN.

View Profile of Suicide Tiki Send a personal message to Suicide Tiki  Email Suicide Tiki Goto the website of Suicide Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-11 7:55 pm   Permalink

a few more progress pix

been working on it in my spare time.....in other words, not very much.

mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-11-12 08:35 am   Permalink

I like the outrigger beam! ZAZZ!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-12 09:59 am   Permalink

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!!!!!

skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-13 1:07 pm   Permalink

ready for a floor and a roof next

kawikasurf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-18 12:18 pm   Permalink

Wow! It's truly amazing. You've shown how much can be accomplished in even a small space. Great morale boost for those of us who rent and thought we'd never be able to have a really cool tiki bar. Looks as though, with a little advance planning in the finishing-out phase, it could easily be dismantled to accommodate relocation to a different property if necessary. You're definitely on to something here. If you ask me, it's ready for marketing roll-out right now. I think you're absolutely correct in thinking that lots of potential buyers would enjoy finishing it off themselves, in accordance with their personal tastes, budgets, and anticipated permanence in their current homes. Will enjoy seeing how you finish it off because you're obviously skilled and creative. But, meanwhile, if you were to launch the product as-is (even without the totally tiki raked roof beam) you'd have do-it-yourselfers all over the country finishing off their projects in their own styles. You then create a club/website/forum (such as a VW owners club or an Airstream Owners club) wherein people share ideas, stories, tips, and photos - very much like this forum but devoted exclusively to your pre-fab huts. I predict that your kits and all of the many clever ways people will devise to to trick them out would go viral. It would also save you from having to create a whole bunch of examples for marketing purposes - your customers will gladly do it for you. I'm stoked. Keep up the great work.

View Profile of kawikasurf Send a personal message to kawikasurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-18 5:06 pm   Permalink

It appears to be mostly pressure-treated lumber, or is it a stain?

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation