FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Castaway Cove Season Opener 3!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Castaway Cove Season Opener 3!
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 8:03 pm   Permalink

here's the official invitation: http://mark.designwiseart.com/

All Tiki Central members are not only invited but entitled to VIP treatment! Hope you can make it!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-18 8:27 pm   Permalink

From one 'Castaway' to another:

"May the gods smile and bestow many blessings upon you as you open 'the Cove' for another season!"

I wish I could be there!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 4:06 pm   Permalink

Kitty and I will make every effort to attend. I really enjoyed your photos. The construction pics reveal the effort that went into making that place. Can't wait to see it live.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 7:18 pm   Permalink

Update: Seamus link repaired. Check it out! Seamus, sorry for the delay - I was in Cali for the weekend.

More updates soon - hope to see many Centralites at the party!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 7:47 pm   Permalink

I can't to see lots of pictures of everyone having a great time! Castaway Cove looks like Paradise!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 12:03 pm   Permalink

Wow, thanks. The Seamus clan will be there, concrete and all !

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 3:09 pm   Permalink

Hey Maxton & Maggie,
Enjoy. Wish we could join you!
KailuaGeoff & Marian

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 6:46 pm   Permalink

Geoff, you know you and Marian are welcome any time! Give us a holler next time you're in the neighborhood, and we'll do the same!

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-22 12:20 pm   Permalink

Wish I could go to this but I planned a weekend out of town next weekend (May 30th. and 31st.) for the Palm Springs film noir festival and I booked it a while ago. How many more opportunities will I have to see Mickey Spillane in person?

After that I won't have any $ left for a while and I have to save for Chicago!

I'm sure it will be a great party - Mark and Maggie are the most congenial hosts and their Castaway Cove is a splendid tiki bar.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 5:12 pm   Permalink

Wouldn't miss it! At the PDX crawl you mentioned where out-of-towners should stay, but I don't remember if it was to bring a tent, or if there was a hotel nearby or what...

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

Yay! Humuhum's coming! Yay!

We'd gladly put you up at our house, but we're already packed to the rafters with out of towners. If you want to stay close to the party, La Quinta on Hwy 30 (Yeon) is probably the best bet (503-497-9044), but downtown is not much farther and the hotels are nicer. There's also a Holiday Inn Express I've heard is nice and it's new (503-484-1100) - it's also relatively close to the trendy NW 23rd area. Finally, smack dab in the middle of the NW district is the Inn at Northrup Station ((503) 224-0543), which is right on the streecar line so very accesible to downtown.

You're also welcome to pitch a tent, as we have a very large private yard...

Yay!

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-03 09:19 am   Permalink

Tikimaxton- I have finished the new sculpture I told you about and it is ready to be unveiled. It's gonna look really cool at the pond. I'll wait 'til after the party to post pics. Don't want to spoil it!

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-03 3:08 pm   Permalink

Just a few days away! We look forward to seeing Seamus' new work, and hanging with Humuhumu, Mr. & Mrs. Tiki Bar, Tikitronic & Kim and any other Centralites who can make it. We've inked our Polynesian dance troupe and will have 6-10 dancers performing for our guests' pleasure, as well as good food, strong drink and delightful company! Pictures will follow!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-08 8:13 pm   Permalink

Thank you so so much to the fantabulous TikiMaxtons, who threw a darned kick-ass party. It was well worth the drive from Seattle. Castaway Cove is beyond belief, with a lush setting to match. The dancers were darling. There was an adorable very little boy running around absolutely naked sipping a drink out of a coconut. Suburban savage, indeed. Seamus's tikis were quite cool, particularly the one spitting into the lagoon. Never pass up an oppurtunity to see Castaway Cove!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-08 11:26 pm   Permalink

Castaway Cove is like a compact tiki theme park, so much more than the lounge itself. A beach, a gazebo, trails through hedge-tunnels, secret alcoves where you can park your butt on chairs right out of Alice and Wonderland. Not to mention a naked "Mini-Me" frolicking through the grounds. Thanks to Mark and Maggie for a great party. Your hospitality is very much appreciated (as was the Lemon Hart Rum.) Nice visits with the Northwest TC folk. I want to visit the hot springs that Seamus's mother-in-law runs in Summerlake. I think I could do a month there, easy, by the way she describes it.
I'll post some photos in a day or two.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation