FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento: Tiki Tuesdays, gone homey!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Sacramento: Tiki Tuesdays, gone homey!
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-07 4:37 pm   Permalink

We have transitioned our monthly gathering from commercial establishments to the homes of individual hosts for potluck gatherings of the local ohana. Stay tuned as we announce the locations here and on FB.

[ This Message was edited by: rugbymatt 2011-12-07 09:24 ]

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-07 4:40 pm   Permalink

Since we missed the first Tuesday of November last week we are taking a "mulligan" and meeting up this coming Tuesday(the 9th). No set time, just as soon as you can get there after work (6-ish?).

We'll get on a regular schedule come December 7th.

[ This Message was edited by: rugbymatt 2010-11-07 16:41 ]

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-07 7:25 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to Tiki Tuesdays at The Hideaway. It will be fun to finally have a a local bar to support our interest in good cocktails and doesn't have a TV blaring with sports shows...woo hoo!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-07 10:30 pm   Permalink

B there or B square.

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thequin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-08 09:44 am   Permalink

We can't make it tomorrow but going forward count us in!

Bill & Tonja

TikiFig
TikiTonja

View Profile of thequin Send a personal message to thequin  Email thequin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thequin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-08 9:02 pm   Permalink

Today was my birthday so Tonja and I ended up at The Hideaway to celebrate. We met the owner, Mariah, and she was very nice and is looking forward to Tiki-Tuesdays with everyone. While we were there, a friend of hers delivered a big brown bag to her which contained several tiki mugs and related items. She put them behind the bar in anticipation the group's arrival tomorrow. She has several tikis in the patio out back and several more in the main bar. The giant poster of a 1950's book cover titled, "Reform School Girl", is hard to beat. Mariah mentioned that she has been practicing making tiki libations, including Navy grog. The juke box is great with a big selection of tunes. The food was good, and reasonably priced. I hope everyone has a good time, and Tonja and I will see you on December 7th.

Bill & Tonja

TikiFig
TikiTonja

View Profile of thequin Send a personal message to thequin  Email thequin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-09 05:45 am   Permalink

So cool that you went there for your birthday. I love Mariah's enthusiasm. I'll be there tonight and have a Les Baxter CD for her.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-09 4:06 pm   Permalink

TikiBob and I will be there this evening.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-09 9:57 pm   Permalink

Great hooking up with Ohana there. Bring a coat next month...our weather has definitely turned cold. Had a Kahlua Coffee to warm up. See ya next month!!!

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-11 3:41 pm   Permalink

Maybe we can get Mariah to add Hot Buttered Rum to the menu this time of year?

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-12 7:01 pm   Permalink

Hi Matt, we drove by the Hideaway today. We were impressed with the huge parking lot. I forgot to look is it lighted at night? We will try to go there for lunch one day soon, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-14 10:59 am   Permalink

Matt the Cat & I will be there Dec 7th! I work out in Rocklin / Loomis (other edge of town) so we probably won't get there until about 7pm. Save us some seats Haven't been there yet so we're looking forward to it and to seeing all of you again. See you soon!

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-18 9:10 pm   Permalink

I'll be there on the 7th with bells on.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-23 2:26 pm   Permalink

Sounds like Pearl Harbor Day will be well attended.

Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-24 10:08 pm   Permalink

Sounds awesome, I'll see if I could make it to the Dec. gathering. The Shady Lady Saloon also makes a decent Mai Tai and Zombie.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation