FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Lava Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
The Lava Lounge
mudbone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 08:12 am   Permalink

Thats awesome, great idea on that light.I think you open the door for new ways to hang lights.Thank you.

View Profile of mudbone Send a personal message to mudbone  Email mudbone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-10 6:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Mudbone! Thanks for the complement! It was a little rough getting the hole big enough for the plug to go through but that's just cause I didn't want to buy a bit for just one job. How often does someone need to drill a huge hole like that in something?

Pals,
Suicide Tiki

View Profile of Suicide Tiki Send a personal message to Suicide Tiki  Email Suicide Tiki Goto the website of Suicide Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-10 6:58 pm   Permalink

Spent another day up on the ladder... I'm probably going be feeling this through next week. Today I went back over the screws with rope to make it look as if the ceiling is tied together rather than screwed up there. I also added a some ivy around the lights just to give it a splash of greenery. The room is coming together quite nicely I do believe!

Stayed tuned... more to come!

Regards,

Suicide Tiki

View Profile of Suicide Tiki Send a personal message to Suicide Tiki  Email Suicide Tiki Goto the website of Suicide Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 8:31 pm   Permalink

Looking really good!!!

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 05:54 am   Permalink

Hi ST, I'm loving your ceiling!

Awesome job, keep it going!

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 6:28 pm   Permalink

Ya lost me with the ivy, otherwise very cool! You are putting a lot into this and creating an awesome room! (Someday maybe I'll be so lucky...)

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-11 10:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the comments everyone. The ivy is there to cover the white metal rings that show. I went around them with rope but that just highlights them even more. The ivy is basically to hide them. I also decided to take out the colored lights and put red ones in there. Its makes the glazing on the wall pop more. Anyway thanks for the comments! I will add more pix as I get more done.

Pals,
Suicide Tiki

Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-14 11:04 pm   Permalink

Picked up some cheep bookshelves from IKEA today that I am going to try and tiki-fy this weekend. Hope to have some pix up by Sunday!

Pals,
Suicide Tiki

Lente
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-15 08:23 am   Permalink

This is turning out to be hot. Love the paint job and the ivy on the lights.

View Profile of Lente Send a personal message to Lente      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-15 08:41 am   Permalink

I like it. I don't mind that ivy either (but you might wanna consider throwing in some hibiscus or other tropical flowers too). Nice job!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-15 7:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words my friends! I'm not 100% done with ceiling decore but close. I think I am going to put some flowers and what not behind the mask to kind of draw the eye there. I'll post more pix over the weekend as I get it put back together. I want to do some router work around the entry but lack the skills and don't want to copy everyone else. Though the end result is super cool in my book. I'll keep you posted!

Pals,
Suicide Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Suicide Tiki 2011-04-15 19:59 ]

Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-16 8:51 pm   Permalink

Started working to tikify some shelving and storage for the Lava Lounge today. I have been needing more space to display all the trinkets I have in my collection and also a place to hide some stuff I dont want out. Anyway I was at IKEA the other day and had an idea about customizing some cheep shelves from there. Here is the process...

Started off with some cheep cabinets and bookcases from Ikea...

Let my inner pyro out to burn some bamboo for the trim...

Then added a little matting and some bamboo trim... eventually I think I will mount a couple of masks to these cabinet fronts. But for now they will do just like they are...

Then added a little matting to the back of the bookcase, added some LED lights which can be any set to any color and here is the end result...

Here is the matching set on the other side...

And here is the wide shot of the both of them... The pic really didn't take in the pure red light so I had to turn on a lamp so you could see better. But you get the idea from this photo.

...And that my friends is how you spend a Saturday working on a tiki room! Let me know what you think about the latest creation. As I mentioned I have little to no skills with power tools but this was something anyone could do if they need a simple way to dress up some ordinary bookshelves. As always comments and suggestions welcome.

Pals,
Suicide Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Suicide Tiki 2011-04-17 00:06 ]

komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-17 6:34 pm   Permalink

aloha ST,

mate, those painted walls look fantastic!!!, and the ceiling too.

i also like the idea of the leaves around the lights, kind of like the jungle
breaking through into the room, and as has been suggested some flowers would look
good - with maybe some more varied foliage trailing out along the beams? to make more of
a feature out of them.

the cabinets turned out great too, good work!

i bet you can hardly wait to get all your tiki goodness into that room.

cheers friend...bob

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-18 12:00 am   Permalink

Hey Komohana!

Thanks for the kind words about my little project. I am going to keep my eye out for some more greenery to add to the ceiling but first I need to get the room put back together. I'll keep everyone here on TC posted as I make progress! Thanks again!

Pals,
Suicide Tiki

Suicide Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-20 12:39 am   Permalink

Got the Ku planted back in his home spot... and used some rope light and some lava rock to create the lava effect for the central focal point of the Lava Lounge. I may take it apart though and try to do something to get his eyes to light up. He's made of fiberglass so I am thinking I could cut some kind of hatch into the back of his head. But I am scared I wont be able to get it back on. Anyone got any ideas?

Pals,
Suicide Tiki

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation