FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Gathering for Gecko at Laney's
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Gathering for Gecko at Laney's
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha, I thought I'd throw this out there before his schedule gets too full. I asked Gecko to come by my house for cocktails and to see my Witco/OCD lamp collection. I am going to Da Show mainly to meet Alfred Shaheen and get his signature on a couple of 50's dresses. I started out collecting vintage clothing and his prints blow me away. I will take that night off work and thought it would be fun to have some drinks and a swim after Da Show. Gecko dosen't know when he'll be able to get out of there but it ends at 5pm. I live in Placentia and I know it's on the way home for many of you guys.

Another option is Sunday evening. But that is Father's Day. If you want to come on over for drinks let me know which would be better for you (Gecko seems pretty open). All are welcome at my pad. Let's get together and show Gecko that us hoity-toity's have Aloha Sprit too!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 1:49 pm   Permalink

Laney, its very gracious of you to open your home. I will be at Da Show as well so I'd definitely like to stop by for this to meet Gecko (as well as to check out that lamp collection I keep hearing so much about) on the way home. Sounds like fun!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 3:29 pm   Permalink

Hi Laney,

Mahaloz sista for letting me drop by fo suck'em up. I'm looking towards seeing all these lamps an witco.

If any of you hoity-toity's think you can drink me unda da table I'll give you a free panel.....No actually if you wanna have some "suck'em up olympics" I will give da winna wun tiki panel. I'm in for some laughs!!

one game you gotta play is, you suck up a beer and wen it's empty you gon put da empty bottle on top of your head and you run from one end of da yard to da udda end and if you drop da bottle...SUCK EM UP! but as soon as you get to da end you have to take da bamboo pole and put one end on da ground an da udda end on your forehead an turn like 5 times then run back to da finish line....losers suck em up! I LOVE to see peopo run wen dey dizzy!

thats if laney has the grass and dosen't mind peopo busin der asses on her yard.

or we can merinate and talk story, no matter fo me.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 11:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-19 13:42, laney wrote:
I am going to Da Show mainly to meet Alfred Shaheen and get his signature on a couple of 50's dresses.

Shaheen is going to be around! What's dis show? Man, I want some of that stuff he was smoking in his pipe when he designed those wacky prints. Tell me more! TELL ME MORE!!!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 10:04 am   Permalink

Hey Atomic, check out their website for info http://www.aloha-cruz.com/dashow.htm
Shaheen will be there from 11-3. I have some of the funkiest skirts (late 60's) and some of the most beautiful early 50's dresses of his. Seems his prints got wilder and brighter into the 60's and worse into the 70's Hmmmmmm? He did some awesome tiki prints on guys shirts but I've only found them in Small and Med. (I swear people were smaller back then)

Oh, and Gecko, the dogs took care of the grass in my back yard. There's only grass in my front yard so the spinning, falling, drunks will have to be out front. That'll freak out my neighbors! I'm not responsible if anyone gets run over. If you try to run across the back yard you'll fall into the pool, which would be funny too!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 2:36 pm   Permalink

Laney,

Thanks for the info. Don't know why I have not heard of this show before. I have got to meet Alfred Shaheen! His textile designs were so innovative many still blow me away today. He's work has really inspired me recently. I wish there were more Aloha Shirt manufacturers in his vein today.

I just hope the prices at the show don't mirror those in the Aloha Cruz shop. YIKES!

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2003-05-20 14:36 ]

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-27 6:03 pm   Permalink

I'm good to go to the "Gathering", but don't know how to get to Laney's. Need an e-mail or private message please. Thanks, JT

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-27 10:55 pm   Permalink

laney,

Are you going to serve pina-coladas?

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 06:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-27 22:55, tiki-riviera wrote:
laney,

Are you going to serve pina-coladas?

No, I wasn't planning on serving any pinas but did plan on mixing up some mystery fru-fru drinks (hopefully some new tastes as well as old). I'm sure I have something behind my bar that'll put some much needed hair on your chest. Oh, and plenty of Coors Light in cans-seriously! Actually, I love meeting people I've disagreed with on tiki central. I am (as most of us are) very opinionated and always say what I feel no matter how unpopular. I have been unworthily deemed "the feisty fox" but am also a well mannered adult (I hope you are too as I'll be checking ID's at the door) so don't be too scared.

As far as directions, shoot me a PM via Tiki Central or e-mail me ASAP and I'll send you my address. This will also give me an idea of how many to expect, and what to buy (any alcohol additions would be greatly appreciated) Maybe everyone who is going to Da Show can meet up there? Let me know. Thanks, Laney

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 07:38 am   Permalink

Laney, I sent you an e-mail Monday.

I better hit Hi-Times I guess.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-02 11:49 am   Permalink

Alohaz, just a reminder da party is at lanes on da 14th and tiki ti da 18th. I'll see ya peeps in about a week an a half.

Aloha

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-02 1:14 pm   Permalink

Hey Cuz,
Da tiki gods smiled on me afterall. My Wahine and I are flying in for the Friday night party at the Hukilau. Need to fly out again the next day though... Just call us the "Jetset Beachcombers".
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-02 3:11 pm   Permalink

alriiiight, well congrats KG. I'll see you localz there!

Suck'em up!

Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 09:44 am   Permalink

can anyone either post or email me the directions and address for Laney's? I'll be in the area helping a friend move from Yorba Linda to Newport. My parents live in Placentia so this works out pretty great - thanks for the open invitation, Laney.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

laney wrote:
...As far as directions, shoot me a PM via Tiki Central or e-mail me ASAP and I'll send you my address. This will also give me an idea of how many to expect, and what to buy (any alcohol additions would be greatly appreciated) Maybe everyone who is going to Da Show can meet up there? Let me know. Thanks, Laney

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation