FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Gathering for Gecko at Laney's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Gathering for Gecko at Laney's
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 11:12 am   Permalink

Laney thanks for having us Hoity Toity's over. Your lamp collection was way cooler than I expected but "Bob" the fish was my favorite!

Hey Chiki, did you eat MY piece of cake?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 3:49 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki-ites,
It was cool meeting many of you at Sam's on Friday night and Da Show on Saturday. I appreciate you crusing by my booth and having a look.

Keep me updated on all of the latest tiki gatherings.
Mike T.

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 4:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Mike!

Welcome to Fantasy Island!
Oops! Sorry! The Ricardo Montalban in me came out for a second.

Welcome to Tiki Central!

Your stuff you had was waaaaaay cool! I personally would find it hard to sell any of it if I had it in my collection. Of course, with any luck, more of your stuff may end up being my stuff! Ha!

This week, we'll be at
The Tiki Ti with Gecko starting at 6 pm. That is one place you shouldn't miss! I'm going earlier to eat at the mexican restaurant about 50 feet away from The Tiki Ti since you definitely don't want to have one of their drinks on an empty stomach! They would never be accused of being conservative on the alcohol!

Feel free to check my personal schedule (link below), since I try to keep up with all the SoCal happenings.

(Frank) SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 5:03 pm   Permalink

Hey SugDadCad,
Thanks for De updates. I was soooo freaken tired after Da Show... I was seeing little green tiki's running across da road while driven back to da LBC.

I have been collecting for about 8 years... It's nice to always rotate the collection. Good to share the tiki wealth...

It's also nice to meet fellow tiki freaks... that enjoy a stiff cocktail served up in an exotic piece of table ware.

I'll try to make it to Tiki Ti's on Wed. I may have a work commitment.
Is Mike still serving up grog's? I heard that drinks were now $14.00 a pop.
Que True???

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 6:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks Laney, it was fun to meet you, and Gecko, bongofury/and wife, Hanalei Pirate, Monkeyman, ChikiTiki/and wife, Poly Pop/ and wife, Wes, BaxDog, SugarCaddyDaddy, TraderPup, Floratina, AlnShelley, Cory, Becky?
Nice interior and cool backyard.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-06-16 20:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-06-17 18:57 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 6:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

MTKahuna wrote:
...I'll try to make it to Tiki Ti's on Wed. I may have a work commitment.
Is Mike still serving up grog's? I heard that drinks were now $14.00 a pop.
Que True???

Yes, Mike & Mike are serving up grogs!

As for prices, I do have their drink menu here. All the rum drinks are $9, with the exception of the Zombie, Space Pilot, "151" Rum Swizzle, Rum Runner, Laka Nuki and the Missionary's Downfall at $10. The Pain Killer and the Uga Booga are $12, and last, The Great White Shark is $14.

The Gin, Tequila & Vodka drinks are all $9.

The most expensive drink on the menu is The Stealth and The Blue Hawaiian at $15.

As fellow TC'er MrSmiley would say, the "famous" Ray's Mistake is at $14.

FYI~ for those that have never been to the Tiki Ti, their drinks are like double-shots (geez, sometimes triple-shots) of what other bars serve, so I have no problem paying their prices, not to mention that over all good feeling of the place.

See you guys there!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 7:17 pm   Permalink

I'll definitely be there on Wednesday and I'm trying to twist Smogbreather's arm for him to come up and let us drink a belated b-day (da 15th-yesterday) toast to him.

now everybody... twist twist

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 8:57 pm   Permalink

Here's some photos from the party

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b322a069e47b

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-16 9:24 pm   Permalink

LANEY......Jus BEAUTIFUL wahine!!! I think everyone there was blown away. you gave me some great ideas.!!

Nice pad. It should be in da next "PAD" if they come out with another one

Mahaloz!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 09:22 am   Permalink

Um...is Chikitiki doing a puppet show or something in that last picture?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 09:43 am   Permalink

I don't know what the hell I was doing there, but it looks like I was talking to my tiki?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 09:58 am   Permalink

I knew that I can always get the skinny on TC.
Thanks for the info.

laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 12:00 pm   Permalink

Great pics! What is Chiki doing? and Gecko looks pretty sober. Thanks for posting those.
My house has so much that still needs to be done to it. We just got that outdoor area painted due to all the June gloom rain, so it was too bare, the electricity wasn't hooked up yet and it was missing it's astro turf. I'll definately have another get together this summer so we can swim and I'll hopefully have more done.

I still think an OC home bar tour would be best. I'm up North so we could start here with a swim/lunch then move South where there are lots of home bars to ohh and ahhh at. Maybe a different drink at each house! Sounds Zazz to me!

Gecko, you were asking me about the stacks of shells. Some of the larger ones, I got at estate sales but every year I come home from Martha's Vineyard (an island on the East Coast) with bags of large scalop shells and tons of clam shells. We go clamming and when we catch live scalops we put them into a saltwater tank at the house. They are fun to watch swim and will squirt water at you if you take them out. Shells are everywhere out there. I can remember when California beaches were like that, now there's just trash. I will try to make some lamps with the shells and other supplies I've been hoarding. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 1:33 pm   Permalink

Laney, your lamp collection is unreal!(just what I saw in the photos).the whole pad is great from what I could see.If I may ask, where did you get those rattan wrapped float/globes?. I need one in the worst way.Hope to see you at the tiki-ti wed eve.peace. TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mano Tiki Tia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-17 10:45 pm   Permalink

Laney,

Smart And Final Carries That Sweet Pepper sauce for chicken, it's in the "ethnic" asile
If you can't find it there any asian Grocery store should carry it. The Last time I bought some it was 2 bucks a bottle 750ml the most expensive brand is app. 2.99 an bottle. That stuff is addictive, I make beer can chicken and brush that sauce over the chicken the last five minutes on the grill.

View Profile of Mano Tiki Tia Send a personal message to Mano Tiki Tia  Email Mano Tiki Tia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation