FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Atomic Tony Tiki's Gallery
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Atomic Tony Tiki's Gallery
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 11:47 pm   Permalink

Onwards, so I did a short ceramics course, where I hand-built several mugs.

My first mug just getting used to working with the clay.

The second one a slab built clear glazed three faced bucket mug.

My attempt at my Cthulhu Tiki mug design.

While working on the previous mug I got an idea how to make a similar style Moai, so I knocked up a sketch from photographs and created this green glazed Cthulhu Moai Mug. The glazing was a bit sloppy and it took about a month before the glaze stopped cracking with audible pings.

We only had two weeks left to knock out some mugs to glaze on the last day so I created this thumb pot version of a Trader Vic's Coconut mug.

And in the same flurry of mug creation I made my Cargo Cult Tiki Bob.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-14 11:57 pm   Permalink

My brother handed me a blank Munny figure and said "Make Tiki" so I did.

The item around its neck is an actual dogs tooth I picked up in Fiji.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-15 02:08 am   Permalink

A couple of more paintings..

The Pupule Putter fpr the first Puttiki event, sold to the Cheekytikis.

and for the Tikot exhibition..
Quote:

On 2009-11-04 13:01, hodadhank wrote:
The Hanged Man is Key Twelve in the TIKOT! Major Arcana.

Atomic Tony Tiki gives us a tongue-in-cheek spin on Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Tangaroa tree and its dangling babies. A card of profound but veiled signifigance, The Hanged Man grins serenely having let go of worldly attachments and in letting go gains a profound perspective accessible only to someone free from everyday conceptual, dualistic reality. Legs are crossed forming a digit 4, the number which rules ones sense of I AM and ego, his bent knee symbolizing flexibility to bend to the will of a higher consciousness. The image, as a whole, suggests life in suspension, not death, but a hero committed enough to the adventure to die for it.

atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-15 02:23 am   Permalink

More work for Puttiki as I did the image for their second event..

I mixed real props with digital effects on this design. First I built the head and photographed my model.

Then altered it on the computer, then shipped the image off to Los Furias Tiki, who did the final design.

atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-15 02:50 am   Permalink

2010 saw the retirement of Captain Hold-Fast and Holden got in contact and we started work on the second of my mug designs The Brain-eating Maori Dry Ice Tiki Mug...

...the ice pocket was dropped at the start and a replacement seething mass of brains coming from the top of the bottom face was knocked back.

We really had to knock this mug out so it was ready for the Tiki Farm 10th Anniversary Show which led to the unusually preproduction versions with too many teeth.

Luckily we managed to get the master re-tooled and the gap toothed version was born.

The name had to change so I came up with Mana Mana partly from there being two heads (twice the mana), partly because mana was my childhood nickname but mostly after the Muppet song "Manah Manah".

Two of the finished versions the limited edition green, the regular blue stone glaze.

Polly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-16 7:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-20 00:37, atomictonytiki wrote:

The Captain first appeared in a lovely blue glaze, then came the day for a colour change so he went purple but he was very nearly green.

They are great!!

View Profile of Polly Send a personal message to Polly  Goto the website of Polly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-14 9:22 pm   Permalink

If you liked the Captain you might enjoy the Cannibal..

Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-14 11:44 pm   Permalink

Ha! Love that cannibal mug.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-15 10:54 pm   Permalink

Fantastic!

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 09:58 am   Permalink

Wow Tony,

You really hit the Jack Pot with Tiki Farm mugs. All your submissions were great for the Tiki Farm contest, hard to pick just one and now it looks like you came out the top winner.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 09:58 am   Permalink

Wow Tony,

You really hit the Jack Pot with Tiki Farm mugs. All your submissions were great for the Tiki Farm contest, hard to pick just one and now it looks like you came out the top winner.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 10:11 am   Permalink

Wow Tony,

WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 10:21 am   Permalink

Oooh! I like Kai-Kanak a lot!! It's on the "must get" list now!

Chris
WestADad

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 10:35 am   Permalink

KAI KANAK is SUPERB!
Just the right blend of humor and horror!
Keep it up ATT!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 02:25 am   Permalink

Some recent Tiki paintings, a still life of sorts, based on some "Coco Joes" I've found in Thailand.

And another Drunken tiki and a Skeleton in "The Last Cocktail"

..I wish I could take better pictures of my paintings?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation