FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki My new mini Tiki Mug...for the girls!
My new mini Tiki Mug...for the girls!
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-19 6:32 pm   Permalink

Pickings are slim for Tiki here in Vancouver but I manage to find a little mug in Zellers! Complete with Barbie for only $20. She also has two outfits, a bamboo beach chair and hair extensions. So who says there is no Tiki in Vancouver?

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 12:28 am   Permalink

There is no tiki in Vancouver

there, I've said it.

Not that it is right, or wrong, but it just IS...

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-20 09:40 am   Permalink

Did Barbie have a breast reduction or something?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-20 11:10 am   Permalink

Score! I've never been a barbie fan, but a TIKI barbie! Well, I may just have to get me one of them there girlies. She would look great lounging in the top of a big Tiki mug...very Shag-esque!

Here in Victoria the Tiki pickings are also very slim. Thrift stores have been my best source, antique stores are just too stuck in England.(give it another 5-10 years) I think what's happening here is that the elderly people that had the collections and bars are passing away, and their children(50s-60s) for the most part don't want anything to do with this 'junk' since it symbolizes their parents. So, it ends up in Value Village or the Sally Ann. DARN! I've actually passed by a few things lately, can you imagine?! And I only just started my collection! Maybe the pickings aren't so slim?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-05-20 11:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-20 00:28, tikimonkey wrote:
There is no tiki in Vancouver

there, I've said it.

Not that it is right, or wrong, but it just IS...

Don't forget the Waldorf Hotel in Vancouver with all the Leetegs...

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 12:56 am   Permalink

I took a second look Bong, and yes they are much smaller! And this is a 2003 model. You wouldn't expect less plastic when the general public is adding more and more to theirs. Very observant of you!

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation