FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Exciting Les Baxter News!
Exciting Les Baxter News!
OnyaBirri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-27 11:17 am   Permalink

This may be the lamest post here:

I can't give away any details (now), but respectable inside sources have informed me of an AMAZING upcoming Les Baxter project in the works. If the final project is what is being described, start filling up that piggy bank and prepared to be blown away.

View Profile of OnyaBirri Send a personal message to OnyaBirri      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-27 6:52 pm   Permalink

A "Box Set" of all his original Exotica works including unreleased material in the Capitol vaults would be nice!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-17 10:37 pm   Permalink

Oh, yeah, bay-bee, get thy wuthless afs to the liquor tore.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 1:24 pm   Permalink

@Jeff

What's the soundtrack to "All the Loving Couples" like? I guess Baxter did this under the name of "Casanova." Trying to decide if it's worth the big money they're asking for it on the internet.

thanks and happy holidays,

glen leslie
http://www.kfai.org/jetsetplanet

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 1:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-22 13:24, I, Zombie wrote:
@Jeff

What's the soundtrack to "All the Loving Couples" like? I guess Baxter did this under the name of "Casanova." Trying to decide if it's worth the big money they're asking for it on the internet.

thanks and happy holidays,

glen leslie
http://www.kfai.org/jetsetplanet

It's very contemporary sounding lounge music. The first side of the album are all original tracks with the second side being weird mock commercials. A strange disc indeed. I wish I could find the movie somewhere.

I wouldn't pay more than $25 for it. It's not his greatest material by any means. For completists only. Hope this helps.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-22 2:09 pm   Permalink

Jeff, VERY helpful!

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation