FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food San Francisco's best cocktails of 2010 (includes recipes!)
San Francisco's best cocktails of 2010 (includes recipes!)
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 4:37 pm   Permalink

Very informative article:
http://tastingtable.com/multipart_article/sf/62/Best_Cocktails.htm

While there's only one true Tiki recipe among the top 15 (The Dead Reckoning from Smuggler's Cove), it's very comforting to see the top mixologists in perhaps the country's top cocktail town taking Tiki ingredients to heart.

At least four are rum-based, most contain fresh juices (including pineapple and grapefruit) and old Tiki staples like honey, coconut milk, mint, falernum and allspice dram make appearances. And two contain pineapple syrup, which I've been using for several years but now appears to be trendy since Small Hand Foods (http://smallhandfoods.com) started producing it.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 5:34 pm   Permalink

Those are some great recipes. Thanks for posting the link!

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 5:37 pm   Permalink

HH,

Thanks for posting that link. I was in San Francisco two weeks ago and could have used that info, I only had one of those drinks while I was there!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation