Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Narco Lounge Combo
Narco Lounge Combo
Kid Narco

Posted: 2010-12-03 06:20 am   Permalink

Hello friends

Just arrived here. I've been listening to some fine podcasts by Digitiki at The Quiet Village and he's turned me on to some great modern lounge like Tikiyaki Orchestra, Ben Vaughn and The Blue Hawaiians. Our band is Narco Lounge Combo. We play modern lounge, exotica and bump and grind sleazy stripper music. We're on a future/retro tip, using some cutting edge toys like two Tenori Ons and we're in Bristol in the United Kingdom.
Here's the link
www.myspace.com/narcoloungecombo

View Profile of Kid Narco Send a personal message to Kid Narco  Email Kid Narco Goto the website of Kid Narco     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-03 08:00 am   Permalink

Very well crafted! I would, however, classify this as acid jazz electronica with some elements of exotica and surf thrown in. I am not really hearing a lot of traditional jazz, swing or lounge in your sound, because in my opinion those styles are usually not electronic instrument based music.

This would be great soundtrack music! I like your approach to the texture of your sound, and how moody and dark a lot of it is.

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-12-03 08:02 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kid Narco

Posted: 2010-12-03 08:38 am   Permalink

Thanks for taking time out to listen. Kind words. I agree electronica has not traditionally been associated with Lounge much, but that's part of the fun for me. Soundtracks are indeed a big influence, Lalo Schifrin, Morricone, it's a broad church. Your stuff goes down easy. Your voice reminds me of Walter Becker.

View Profile of Kid Narco Send a personal message to Kid Narco  Email Kid Narco Goto the website of Kid Narco     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-03 1:16 pm   Permalink

It took me a second to remember what a tenori-on is,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SGwDhKTrwU

Cool!

Are you going to film any of your performances? if so, please post them here.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation