FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Beachbum Berry's Tiki+ now available (again!)
Beachbum Berry's Tiki+ now available (again!)
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-09 4:16 pm   Permalink

Beachbum Berry's Tiki+ app is again available in the iTunes App store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beachbum-berrys-tiki/id404082948?mt=8

If you get it, be sure to click the Help button for all of the extra information. It's a goldmine!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-12-10 10:05 am   Permalink

Any plans for Android?

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-10 11:36 am   Permalink

Not that I'm aware of. I've had a little contact with the developer and the impression I get is that they may not have the resources to devote to developing this right now. Maybe if all the TC folks buy the iPhone version that will change.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-12-10 12:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks for responding

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-11 8:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-10 10:05, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Any plans for Android?

I emailed Beachbum Berry regarding this and he wrote back to me today:

Quote:

"I wish there was a 'Droid version -- I get asked that all the time. Unfortunately Tiki+ is exclusively licensed to Apple by the guy who built the app, Martin Doudoroff. I asked him for you, but he says that won't change for the foreseeable future."

So there you are.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-12-11 9:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-11 20:28, arriano wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-12-10 10:05, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Any plans for Android?

I emailed Beachbum Berry regarding this and he wrote back to me today:

Quote:

"I wish there was a 'Droid version -- I get asked that all the time. Unfortunately Tiki+ is exclusively licensed to Apple by the guy who built the app, Martin Doudoroff. I asked him for you, but he says that won't change for the foreseeable future."

So there you are.

Yikes! That's a bad business move. What a shame.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-11 9:45 pm   Permalink

Since it sounds hopeless...there are other apps out there. I don't have an Android yet, but thinking about it. These might be worth looking at:

http://www.liquorrunmobile.com/

http://www.digitalrecipesidekick.com/

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 09:55 am   Permalink

The new BB app is not bad - there are several new Beachbum recipes (Blackbeard's Ghost is a winner) and it automatically carried over my favored recipes from the original Tiki+ app on my iPod Touch. The big drawback is the the app often crashes.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-12 3:44 pm   Permalink

Really? I haven't had it crash once on my iPhone. Have you tried restarting your iPod Touch since you installed it?

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation