FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Tiki destinations in Colorado?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki destinations in Colorado?
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-10 07:33 am   Permalink

I've looked everywhere, but there doesn't appear to be a single tiki destination in Colorado. Does anyone know of one that isn't someone's basement bar?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nature boy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-10 09:40 am   Permalink

Try The Castaways in Manitou Springs. They call themselves a "Pirate" restaurant now. However, they were originally a tiki place, and much of the midcentury tiki decor remains in place (along with some non-tiki additions like flamingos and giraffe??). Overall it has a great dark atmosphere. I can't vouch for the drinks, but a true tikiphile should dig it there.

View Profile of nature boy Send a personal message to nature boy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nature boy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-10 11:55 am   Permalink

I should add that they have themed rooms so be sure and ask to be seated in the tiki or polynesian room or you might end up in the nautical area.

View Profile of nature boy Send a personal message to nature boy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr Ventures

Posted: 2010-12-10 12:15 pm   Permalink

If you want to pay homage to a closed Denver tiki bar, the location of Tiki Boyd's is still there, albeit in a wretched form. It's in a motel on the main drag,across from the Ogden Theatre. I moved there, only to discover it had closed months earlier...alas. Happily, Minneapolis has Psycho Suzie's, combining my interests in tiki and evil music.

View Profile of Dr Ventures Send a personal message to Dr Ventures      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-10 11:25 am   Permalink

My last post got deleted in the hard disk failure. It is a dark time in Colorado for tiki but here is my suggestion. Heaven Dragon in western Arvada is a magical place and they really do their tiki drinks right. The blue neon sign outside is awesome, the interior is tasteful and relaxing. It actually manages to "feel" mid-century without have one stick of retro about it. Their volcano is real - they substitute the sugary mixes for tons of alcohol. Gin makes a frequent appearance. Their bartender takes pride in his concoctions and they even have a few vintage (or at least vintage looking) mugs. The cantonese is amazing too and the puu-puu platter is included in the deluxe dinner. Take my advice - it is better than going to the ramada and feeling sad.

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-02 08:09 am   Permalink

There are 3 places in Colorado now. Up in Estes Park, Mountain Munchies (the hotdog place) opens their tiki bar in the summer. I haven't been yet, but it looks fun. Next up is the marina at Lake Dillon. At the Pug Ryan's Steakhouse and Brewery, they open a tiki bar in the summer. I don't think that they have any exotic cocktails, just basic bar stuff and their own beer. Adrift is last on the Colorado list, and it is great! Check out their facebook page ( facebook.com/adriftbar ) which is pretty comprehensive. Here is a picture from The Denver Post:

View Profile of TikiTie Send a personal message to TikiTie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-27 10:37 am   Permalink

Pacifica Seafood and Raw Bar (up in Aspen) is doing tiki tuesday each week. Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifica-Seafood-Raw-Bar/204862783099?fref=ts

View Profile of TikiTie Send a personal message to TikiTie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-27 11:28 am   Permalink

This isn't tiki but its the best Hawaiian food in Colorado.

Okale Maluna Hawaiian Grill in Greely, CO.
http://www.okole-maluna.com/

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-09 07:25 am   Permalink

Not quite a full-time destination, but Pacifica (in Aspen) is doing Tiki Tuesdays. Today is the last one until the summer season, though. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45128&forum=4&1

TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-18 2:08 pm   Permalink

Not quite tiki, but L and L is now in Aurora, CO

http://www.hawaiianbarbecueaurora.com/

TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 2:19 pm   Permalink

It looks like Adrift in Denver is getting a signature mug! https://m.facebook.com/poptiki?id=36658571228&_rdr

TikiTie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 2:21 pm   Permalink

It looks like Adrift in Denver is getting a signature mug! https://m.facebook.com/poptiki?id=36658571228&_rdr

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 2:33 pm   Permalink

Can someone copy and paste for us non-Facebook users?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 4:37 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 5:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation