FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Swanky's Mini Mai-Kai Mystery bowl is in Australia!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Swanky's Mini Mai-Kai Mystery bowl is in Australia!
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-29 12:06 pm   Permalink

Glad you're okay.

Chris
WestADad

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-29 12:10 pm   Permalink

Yes, I agree. Glad you're all right.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacklagoon

Posted: 2011-04-29 12:12 pm   Permalink

You can check out Kristina's wildlife ceramics here, she can more than handle the complexity of the Bowl paint.

http://www.lucasfrancisstudio.com/animal_art/index.html

Thanks for looking,

Paul

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-30 2:06 pm   Permalink

I checked out the site and was blown away. Incredible work, a perfectionist with talent. I'm just so impressed what can I say. Everyone should take a look. I'm going to work harder and practice more, cheers, Wendy

ps the bowl wow

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2011-04-30 6:10 pm   Permalink

GROG sending all of GROG' ceramics to Kristina for glazing.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacklagoon

Posted: 2011-05-05 10:35 am   Permalink

Kristina overloaded, no time for Grog crap.

Paul

[ This Message was edited by: blacklagoon 2011-05-05 10:35 ]

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-11 06:26 am   Permalink

Kristina has the first of her pieces out of the kiln. She made it!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-11 06:54 am   Permalink

Fantastic!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-11 07:07 am   Permalink

AWESOME! I was so worried about that firing. I'm so glad to see she made it. What a great thread to follow.

Thanks for the update!

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-12 06:37 am   Permalink

She's getting some color and becoming the Mystery Girl!

This project has been very long and arduous. We started out believing we could produce this piece, the most complex and detailed piece done in our Tiki community, maybe ever, for a price that would be also incredible. That's not seeming to be possible now.

Here we are many months into it, and all the manufacturers we have approached have either flat out said no, or given us a price quote that is essentially the same thing.

Kristina is talented and brave enough to tackle this project, and her pieces are likely going to be the only ones of this full on Mystery Girl bowl that are made. We will produce the Mini Mystery Bowl, and we are working on a retooled version of the Girl that we think we can get produced for a reasonable amount.

Kristina may have the prototype done within the week, and looking to have the first few ready to sell by Hukilau! More designs and products to be unveiled as well.

It's been a great project and big thanks to Paul and Kristina for their talent and work to make it happen. By Oasis, we should have a lot to show you all!

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs coming Spring 2011!

[ This Message was edited by: swanky 2011-06-04 06:00 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-13 06:03 am   Permalink

First test with colors:

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-13 06:52 am   Permalink

That last picture makes the mug look a little smaller. You could certainly charge more than $80 because a lot of mugs that have little work involved but just were a home run with their appeal and lower numbers of even 100 go for more. The Mai Kai restaurant could use some of those Mystery girls for sure

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-13 10:50 am   Permalink

Truly stunning!!

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-13 8:07 pm   Permalink

Wow Swanky! - I'm in LOVE!

Not with you, pal - with that work of art! I was blind, but now I see. The mystery has been revealed to me!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-13 11:08 pm   Permalink

Outstanding Work!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation