FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Cream of Coconut?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Cream of Coconut?
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-25 3:54 pm   Permalink

Mele-Koi Coconut Snow

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-26 12:36 am   Permalink

heat be damned!, just blend till frothy and put it in a magarine container an then in the fridge.with heat you lose moisture and taste.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-26 9:16 pm   Permalink

That microwave tricks sounds good, I'll try it with my next batch of Coconauts.

My coconut experimentations were recorded here:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=400&forum=1

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-27 11:02 pm   Permalink

as much as i love coco lopez, my fave bar (tiki-ti) only uses coconut snow, and there drinks are the best.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 07:34 am   Permalink

Alnshely,

How much is a can of that coconut snow? I've been looking all over Orlando for that stuff with no luck. Haven't found anyplace to buy it online, either.

Re: Coco Lopez -- it makes the best coconauts. No need to heat it or put it in the blender -- just pour it in a plastic container and stir it up -- the chunks dissolve quickly!

Of all the drinks in the Grog Log and Intoxica that I have made for friends, the Coconaut seems to be the most popular.

-Mug

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 6:04 pm   Permalink

i can't believe you are not finding this stuff at the local supermarket!. it is right next to the grenadine and all that stuff. it's maybe 3-4 dollars.we have the stuff in ralphs and all the big chains.

Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-28 6:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Of all the drinks in the Grog Log and Intoxica that I have made for friends, the Coconaut seems to be the most popular.

Agreed. So many good drinks, but for introducing people to tropical drinks, that seems to work well. Slushy and sweet and GOOOD. I mixed up a few pitchers full at Melintur and Tikimama's shindig this memorial day... they were very popular. I can't wait to try a flaming re-entry!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation